Another rust question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker, learned lots and searched lots, first question for the experts.

Looking at a 2001, original owner, clean history and fully dealer-maintained LX470. Being an easy coast truck and living here myself, I'm familiar with rust but wasn't sure if this would be considered heavy enough rust to pass on?

Interior is in excellent condition, drives very well, 175k on the clock.

What do you think, yay or nay? The price is right.

Thank you, all.

IMG_4607.jpg
IMG_4606.jpg
IMG_4605.jpg
IMG_4608.jpg
IMG_4604.jpg

Question is. If it has holes in it. Can some one get there to weld support plates. The surface stuff can be polished and painted. Inside the frame you can attempt to put rust reformer.

Question is. If it has holes in it. Can some one get there to weld support plates. The surface stuff can be polished and painted. Inside the frame you can attempt to put rust reformer.
I got you. Just seems to be a little more rotten than others I've seen. Shame, as it's "only" 8k. Seems like everything is just a bit pricier now than this time last year. Might hold out for something a little cleaner. Thank you!

The areas of concern dont' appear to be shown- rear crossmembers, body mounts, also check the trans cooler lines.
Prices now are up for everything, for reference, in February 2020 i paid $3k for a somewhat crusty 100 series that needs a bit of work.
Same truck would probably be listed for $5k in today's market.

Nay

Ok excellent, thank you for confirming my gut feeling, folks!

For $8k, no way. Pass.

That's gone beyond repair.. Worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom