Builds 1978 US Market FJ40 Factory Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

someone doesn't like you!! you been sacrificing to the Toyota gods yet?? it only takes a quart of oil a week.. there abouts...:hillbilly:

I've never ordered anything large from TPD and after looking at this, I never will. The people loading and unloading the trucks at any of the major shipping companies have little to zero care for boxes especially if they are heavy or awkward. Really boils down to the s***ty pack job that TPD did before they sent these out. Really sorry for your luck man...

In TPD's defense (even with a sore back side). They don't ship. They have made deals with various Toyota dealers across the country and drop ship from locations closest to you.

In this case for me Grieco Toyota in RI. They are really to blame here. The boxes/packing job is on them. AT LEAST TPD's customer service asked for information, photos, and details to re-order the damaged parts. The relationship between TPD and their drop shipper will suffer a bit, I'm sure.

Still unlucky all the way around, because this sets me back another 2+ weeks - but if I am going to point fingers....

The dash is boogered up here and I am repairing it.

Would anyone have a second to take a detailed picture of the union of the a pillar and dash, so I can fix this properly?

Thank you.

F49F4C05-020D-4CD4-ABB1-67B0FFA6C36A.jpeg

Last edited:
I installed the correct 78 igniter and distributor but the vacuum advance diaphragm hits the oil filter.

I was able to get it to fire...sort of...cough sputter and die. My neighbor helped crank while I moved the dizzy around. And with him giving it gas, it would fire but not idle at all.

My 1980 2F fsm shows an old points distributor in the graphic which has a smaller vacuum diaphragm.

Is this right?

FE8E8118-57BC-46D5-804C-F82E73C26F90.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom