Another rear bumper thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

paitent does not even cover my new found unending wealth of it.

it looka as though it finally will pay off.

i will post the completion pics soon enough.

Just got my 4+plus rear bumper from man-a-fre. Ordered it about a week ago. Can't believe it got here this fast!!!

The bad news: don't even try to install a rear bumper without a proper tool to remove rivets. I spent about 4 hrs. taking 20 rivets off with a power drill, hammer, and saws-all. I want those 4 hrs. back!!!

The good news: once the rivets are off, it's fairly smooth sailing!!

Kinda bad news: really not happy with the latch that holds the tire swing and jerry can holder to the bumper. Def works well for keeping things in place and not vibrating, but the only way to open the back of the truck is to remove a pin and handle. This leaves you with two items to find a temporary home for while you use the back of the truck. Not a deal breaker, but was hoping for something a little easier. Has anyone modded one of these bumpers with better handles?
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

That looks good! I think that's the bumper I'm going to get.

better handles for your swing-outs!

Yeah! go to Kavik offroad and look at my link,there is a pic of the latching area on a bumper I recently built.You could try a set of these, the mod should be fairly easy. Goodhand latches.good luck. For some reason I can't get my pics to take, to post up on MUD?
Rondog

Just got my 4+plus rear bumper from man-a-fre. Ordered it about a week ago. Can't believe it got here this fast!!!

The bad news: don't even try to install a rear bumper without a proper tool to remove rivets. I spent about 4 hrs. taking 20 rivets off with a power drill, hammer, and saws-all. I want those 4 hrs. back!!!

The good news: once the rivets are off, it's fairly smooth sailing!!

Kinda bad news: really not happy with the latch that holds the tire swing and jerry can holder to the bumper. Def works well for keeping things in place and not vibrating, but the only way to open the back of the truck is to remove a pin and handle. This leaves you with two items to find a temporary home for while you use the back of the truck. Not a deal breaker, but was hoping for something a little easier. Has anyone modded one of these bumpers with better handles?

what's the link rondog?

that basket is very cool. i wunder what the basket sans the mount cost??

rondog on kavik's site link:

Kavik OffRoad...Featured Fabricator

nice gallery of photos and nice site kavik.

man i cannot wait to add the war pig's final pics after install.............

and i will make sure that they are sent the right size and in jpeg format.

Thanks. The gallery on kavikoffroad.com has replaced the old gallery in my sig line.

***hijack***
For those of you looking for bumpers, sliders, racks, etc. Kavikoffroad.com will be adding more and more 60 Series friendly shops/fabricators. The plan is to sort every shop geographically, so you can quickly find a shop closest to you. Every shop is invited to list all of their Land Cruiser specific bits, hopefully, heavy on pictures and specifications. Feel free to recommend a shop in your area to be added.
Pm me if you have any questions or suggestions...Thanks!

FYI - kavikoffroad.com is a non-profit Land Cruiser resource website. However, a yellow star is in the works, so we don't step on anyones toes...
***hijack over***

Talk to the guys over at Blazenoffroad 4x4 Parts, Accessories, and Custom Metal Fabrication - they are going to be making a front winch bumper for me next week... should have pics by thursday at the latest. They made some sliders for troyintahoe on the board already, and while they primarily advertise for Minitrucks and Blazers, Jesse and Mike will pretty much make anything you desire. They seemed stoked to build some stuff up for my truck.

propane tank for boiling seafood.......

yup expected it to be more squarish but it will be carrying coolers more than anything.

this unit is sick.

got it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom