Another possible purchase question - 1996 HG replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You still want it for yourself........

Admit it......
Oh, trust me, I've gone back and forth about it but in the end, I think I can better put that purchase/fix money into my own '97 ;)

But I did text her this morning to let her know I'm tapping out on it.

I’m a vulture!

Pick away at it!

If you go for it...she's a nice lady. Like, total sweetheart kind of lady. She has A LOT of sentimental value and emotion in this rig as it's been hers for about 25 years.

I've already talked to her about it being triple locked and just how wanted her rig is because of the lockers, good leather, gold package, etc, and how it's all stock and unmolested...and how she can get a lot more money, even with the HG issue...we initially talked and hung out at the rig for a little better than two hours, I think. Her husband is nice too.

Have a go at it...

Pick away at it!

If you go for it...she's a nice lady. Like, total sweetheart kind of lady. She has A LOT of sentimental value and emotion in this rig as it's been hers for about 25 years.

I've already talked to her about it being triple locked and just how wanted her rig is because of the lockers, good leather, gold package, etc, and how it's all stock and unmolested...and how she can get a lot more money, even with the HG issue...we initially talked and hung out at the rig for a little better than two hours, I think. Her husband is nice too.

Have a go at it...

It’s sold we are to late!

Wow, that lady has awful taste in wheels. I wonder if she wears hideous shoes, too.
Yeah, the wheels were REALLY bad. I cringed when I rolled up into her driveway.

To include adding ARB Lockers, which I know are vastly better than factory.
This is a subject of great debate and IMHO is just not true.
Have you ever had or used OEM lockers ?

This is a subject of great debate and IMHO is just not true.
Have you ever had or used OEM lockers ?
aren’t most of the issues with OEM because they usually never get used? I mean I’ve heard Harroos will engage quicker and you can lock front only, so I guess that’s an advantage. I don’t have direct experience though.

Yes & yes
If you do encounter a issue with OEM lockers they can be lock or unlocked manually. This is a big plus.
Not so with other lockers
You can get the OEM lockers to lock the front only with a stand alone wire harness for the front locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom