Another "New to me" Hilux (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking for one off and on for a while, found one a few weeks ago in Tucson.

82 Hilux 4x4. 22R 5-speed A/C no power steering :rolleyes: crappy stereo substandard wiring drivers' seat is torn no door panels cobbled together fuel system with a bypassed mechanical fuel pump in favor of a ghetto inline electric pump and a aftermarket tank. The carb won't idle, the clutch needs adjustment,the headlights are terrible, it has mismatched tires, and a huge aftermarket lift with way too much stinkbug. Oh and a cheapo respray in black.

I love it. Ain't it a beauty?

82 4x4 a.jpg

82 4x4 b.jpg

In the plus column, the brakes are in great condition. The engine runs really well (off idle), it steers and drives and cruises fine. It's all there, the locking hubs are free, there's virtually no rust, and it has that cool old-school rollbar. Definitely going to find some old-school KCs and put them up there.

Nice score!! Looks like it's in good shape.

You guys and your no-rust trucks kill me!!! Great find! What are your plans for it?

You guys and your no-rust trucks kill me!!! Great find! What are your plans for it?

Oh you know, the usual. Big Block v8, blower, one ton axles, cut off most of the body, 4L60e, atlas 3-speed case, twin-stick, 4-wheel hydro steering, cutting brakes, 47s on military wheels, and of course A/C and leather seats for the country club scene.
Not really. Get all the little annoying things fixed such as get it to idle, restore the fuel system to stock, address the wiring messes, replace every single piece of vacuum tubing, get the seats either redone or replace with seats from a 2nd-gen, door panels... then undo part of the lift it's a little too high especially in the back.

Great find!

Where did you find it? I've been searching to replace my stolen 4x4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom