Another new member to the 80's list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been hanging out in 40's section for a couple years now, and just added a 1997 Lexus LX450 to the stable. It's very stock at the moment, I have an ARB bumber in the garage but I think I'll wait for the J's up front before I mount it or I'll be plowing up asphalt. So hopefully lift and tires by next month. I plan on changing all the fluids everywhere this week. Don't have any maintenance records on when things were changed previously.
This forum has tons of good information in it, thanks all for your posts, I'm sure I'll learn a great deal.

One picture of the delivery from the other night. I'm a proud papa!

Troy

Welcome!! :flipoff2: I am guessing you are fellow Utahn, so double :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

This site is killing my work productivity - it is amazing how much time you can spend reading about problems my LX450 may never have, but I read them anyway just to make myself extra paranoid.

LX_TREME said:
Nice & Congrats :flipoff2: :D Lemme know if you plan to get rid off those factory rear bumper.Currently looking for the mid and right rear section.

I'll give the front bumper to anyone who wants it, but I have another plan for the rear for the moment. http://www.wildyoats.com/fzj80_mods.htm

thanks

troy

JZenger said:
Welcome!! :flipoff2: I am guessing you are fellow Utahn, so double :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Yea I'm a Utahn. One of the few Wasatch Cruiser guys who have picked up an 80 over the past couple years now. You don't have to wheel too many times along side an 80 to see that they are very capable and their drivers don't sweat and and get dust in their teeth.

I'll still be holding onto the 40 too.

for now

I also have a 1997 LX450 I just bought about three months ago. Has factory lockers and I have put on new Revos, but no other "improvements". If and when you get rid of the rear bumper I would love take the left section. We only had it for a few days when my wife backed into her "old" car that we were trying to sell.

congrats and welcome to the 80's!! by the way if it was dealer serviced you can go to a dealer and they will give you a print out of your new babies health history with service intervals....just an idea.

I may check with dealership here to see if they can pull up records. The truck driver who delivered it said the place in Mo. where he picked it up was miles and miles from nowwhere. Don't know if the previous owner made it into a lexus dealership to often. Worth a try. I've been waiting for an email with the service records from the PO but haven't recieved it yet.

JZenger, my left rear is yours when the day comes.

I kind of like the color too. thanks

troy

Welcome to the LX club, did you find the OEM pink panties in the center console? :D

firetruck41 said:
Welcome to the LX club, did you find the OEM pink panties in the center console? :D

No panties, previous owner swiped them I quess.

I was looking for a Mary Kay window sticker for the back window. I hope I can hold out making the modifications till next month. It looks so wimpy now. 255 70R 16 tires. mud flaps drag when I pull in the driveway. Neighbors telling me how "pretty" my new "car" is. No one ever calls my FJ40 "pretty"

troy

Thanks Liverust. I am eventually planning on upgrading the bumpers but, like you, I want to wait for some stiffer springs and lift to compensate for the extra weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom