Another new member in NOLA- '89 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I recently bought this lil gal in Houston and it's currently parked at my parents house in Lake Charles. I'm heading back next weekend to get new tires put on then driving back to New Orleans on Monday. Pretty excited to start working on her. I did see that there's a wrenching session somewhere on the Westbank later this month and would love to come out and meet a few of y'all.

Immediate plans after new tires (I ordered General Grabber AT2s) are ripping out the headliner and spraying in Monstaliner, but I think I'll keep it mostly stock for now. It needs some body work too. The passenger left and driver front both need attention, but other than that I ended up with a really solid truck. No rust!

Haven't registered with TLCA or LLK yet, but I'm really interested in getting to a meetup or two to check out the local scene though.

IMG_20141026_115223 (1).jpg

Yep yep, I'll link the info.

Nice 62!

Our next meeting will be Sat Nov 22nd. This one will be at the new EHEO shop on the west bank and it will be a meeting / wrenching session. What we need are folks to speak up about what they want to get done during the wrenching. You can speak up here or on FB but please not on both. It gets confusing to us old guys when that happens. :D

Also, the EHEO guys are talking about cooking but no promises there just yet.

The address:
2560 Breaux Ave
Harvey, La 70058

As we get more info I will update everyone.

Look forward to seeing old and new faces out there.

Would you be interested in trading for a fj60? I'm located at Fort Polk about a 1 and a half away from Lake Charles

Would you be interested in trading for a fj60? I'm located at Fort Polk about a 1 and a half away from Lake Charles

hmm. That is an interesting proposition, but I think I'll pass. Too excited to get started and make it my own! Thanks for the offer though.

Hey no problem it's good to know there's others in the state with a 60s series

Let's see some new pics all cleaned up!

Finally got to give it a bath. Getting the right tires put on tomorrow morning. Here's one from the same side as above.
IMG_20141126_135544.jpg

IMG_20141126_135258.jpg

Especially now that it's all cleaned, I can't wait to get those two corners fixed and painted. Anyone want to recommend a body shop? I think I'll attempt to fix the driver side front corner myself. The work has already been started and looks like all it needs is to be ground down, filled, sanded and primed. The passenger side back is a bit of a different story though.

Awesome 62, I unfortunately don't have any panels. Jason probably has some. A temporary fix, aside from welding new metal in the rear corner, would be take out the inner panel in the rear, take out the tail light, put your foot in the well, and push, I have done this method a couple times to get the overall shape of the corner back, it will not be good to get the small stuff, but it'll get the major stuffs out... I do maybe have a front bumper that is in better shape than yours.. :D

Thanks
Cody

Awesome 62, I unfortunately don't have any panels. Jason probably has some. A temporary fix, aside from welding new metal in the rear corner, would be take out the inner panel in the rear, take out the tail light, put your foot in the well, and push, I have done this method a couple times to get the overall shape of the corner back, it will not be good to get the small stuff, but it'll get the major stuffs out... I do maybe have a front bumper that is in better shape than yours.. :D

Thanks
Cody

Oh man, if you've got OEM front and rear bumpers, I'll take either or both in a heartbeat. I'm also looking for a tailgate. I think the front corner will be able to be fixed by a body shop fairly easily and I've found a guy on Magazine who has a lot of good reviews. It really just needs to be ground, filled, and painted.

I'll have to see how kicking out the rear quarter looks. If it makes it any worse then I'll definitely need to weld in a new panel, but if it works then the small dents might just be able to come out with a stud welder, which would be great.

Hey guys,

I recently bought this lil gal in Houston and it's currently parked at my parents house in Lake Charles. I'm heading back next weekend to get new tires put on then driving back to New Orleans on Monday. Pretty excited to start working on her. I did see that there's a wrenching session somewhere on the Westbank later this month and would love to come out and meet a few of y'all.

Immediate plans after new tires (I ordered General Grabber AT2s) are ripping out the headliner and spraying in Monstaliner, but I think I'll keep it mostly stock for now. It needs some body work too. The passenger left and driver front both need attention, but other than that I ended up with a really solid truck. No rust!

Haven't registered with TLCA or LLK yet, but I'm really interested in getting to a meetup or two to check out the local scene though.

View attachment 962733

Hey and welcome to the community. I'm knee-deep in doing a resto-mod on my 87 FJ60; learned a lot over the past 14 months, made some really good contacts (parts, service, fabrication) and my stock of 'soon to be sold' parts is gaining items daily. If you want to talk shop, just let me know - live in old metairie, work on the sank.

Shane

welcome :cheers:

Hey and welcome to the community. I'm knee-deep in doing a resto-mod on my 87 FJ60; learned a lot over the past 14 months, made some really good contacts (parts, service, fabrication) and my stock of 'soon to be sold' parts is gaining items daily. If you want to talk shop, just let me know - live in old metairie, work on the sank.

Shane

So glad you replied to this thread. It looks like you've got a ton of stuff I could take off your hands! I'd definitely like to check it all out.

Found out I need to get the brakes looked at last night. That was a fun drive home. Lucky it didn't happen on the interstate. I just hopped over from St. Charles to Prytania and kept my distance from the few other cars that were also trying to avoid Uptown traffic.

So glad you replied to this thread. It looks like you've got a ton of stuff I could take off your hands! I'd definitely like to check it all out.

Found out I need to get the brakes looked at last night. That was a fun drive home. Lucky it didn't happen on the interstate. I just hopped over from St. Charles to Prytania and kept my distance from the few other cars that were also trying to avoid Uptown traffic.

That's a task within itself WITH brakes. One of my recurring fantasies: Gatling gun mounted to roof, with biometric fire control, unlimited ammo, and unlimited get out of jail free cards...then and only then would I consider driving thru NOLA more frequently, lol.

Glad I saw the thread - let me know your schedule. Work is insane at the moment but weekend looks like a 'spend the day in shorts, baseball hat' and do nothing. If you want to pass by on saturday, let me know. . .coffee shop at the corner and 2 90lb doggies itching for a walk.

Shane

One of my recurring fantasies: Gatling gun mounted to roof, with biometric fire control, unlimited ammo, and unlimited get out of jail free cards...then and only then would I consider driving thru NOLA more frequently, lol.

Even then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom