Another New FZJ 80 (LX) Owner (1 Viewer)

Weird question but could I get a pic of the roof? I’m trying to figure if one’s that didn’t come with the trash factory roof rack also didn’t have the plastic sliders on the roof too. Thanks!
The few that had no roof rack also did not have the ribs attached to the roof.

The sheet metal "humps" are there, but no actual ribs.

Weird question but could I get a pic of the roof? I’m trying to figure if one’s that didn’t come with the trash factory roof rack also didn’t have the plastic sliders on the roof too. Thanks!

00843B07-91A2-45E3-A35E-F97D7D4221BD.jpeg

I’ve got the same truck, also bought mine from MN last July. I have the sunroof and roof rack tho.

I didn’t bother with brushing anything before having the chassis fluid filmed. You got a good price and doing the work yourself is saving tons of cash. My sons still several years away from driving age but I agree it would be a good rig. Needs to build some upper body strength tho!

Good luck with the rest of your build!

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Welcome!

:flipoff2:

(the resident slackers forgot the official salute ;) )

I’ve got the same truck, also bought mine from MN last July. I have the sunroof and roof rack tho.

I didn’t bother with brushing anything before having the chassis fluid filmed. You got a good price and doing the work yourself is saving tons of cash. My sons still several years away from driving age but I agree it would be a good rig. Needs to build some upper body strength tho!

Good luck with the rest of your build!
Thanks!! What fluid treatment did you do?

Thanks!! What fluid treatment did you do?
It's actually called fluid film Automotive - Fluid Film - https://www.fluid-film.com/automotive-applications/

It's not a one and done type of thing, need to apply annually. Overly simplistic description is that you're basically coating your bits in a layer of wax that apparently has properties to neutralize existing rust (hence no need to wire brush). They also claim, which I'm inclined to believe, that it migrates so you don't need to get 100% coverage in the initial application, it will work it's way into crevices over time.

Definitely worth a look if you want to save yourself a lot of time on that wire brushing.

It's actually called fluid film Automotive - Fluid Film - https://www.fluid-film.com/automotive-applications/

It's not a one and done type of thing, need to apply annually. Overly simplistic description is that you're basically coating your bits in a layer of wax that apparently has properties to neutralize existing rust (hence no need to wire brush). They also claim, which I'm inclined to believe, that it migrates so you don't need to get 100% coverage in the initial application, it will work it's way into crevices over time.

Definitely worth a look if you want to save yourself a lot of time on that wire brushing.
Appreciate the explanation! I bought the KBS package (wash, neutralizer and sealer) I also used the rustoleum rust converter on the front of the frame before I mounted ARB Bull Bar, seems to work pretty good, but I also brushed pretty heavily. I bought a used set of CO panhard bars (F/R) and rear control arms in excellent shape. They will get scotch-brited, neutralized and sealed along with new polyurethane bushings and will replace the originals. I will hopefully be able to source some clean radius arms as the ones on are fairly rusty?

One more item to add the the “to do” list..

Dash lights (stereo and shifter) are out. While not a huge priority, it will need to be addressed.

Is there a central bulb/fuse/relay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom