Another MPG Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought i'd contribute even though I run Defenders and stock height + stock bumpers + no armor in a 98 LC. Only reason im sharing is because my mileage seems to be exceptionally good considering the kind of driving I do (65-85mph on the freeway and some city + some elevation). I drive as fast as traffic is moving since my mileage doesnt seem to be affected too much. Here's a pic of my gas gauge at 200 miles. Gas light came on around 330 miles. Premium Costco gas and Mobil 1 synthetic oil filled to half way up the dipstick.

PXL_20210207_203305867.jpg

Another update and observation.

All right, so this is purely observational but I tried the whole driving 60-70 on the freeway and didn’t notice much a difference. In my earlier post I mentioned I was at about 120 miles at the half tank mark.

Well, since getting my compressor and doing some online research on my tires I decided to bump up the tire PSI from 34 to 40 and see what would happen. Here is my result.

C8EB4526-FAEE-4A94-A3A8-8D153707C5D4.jpeg

160 miles at the half tank mark. I’ll run this till I empty the tank and bump up the front tires to 45 since I am running a metal bumper and winch soon. This is even after I installed my ditch lights too.

All stock 05 on Michelin defenders (275/60/18) at 35psi. I consistently get 17+ on 87 octane in light suburban driving.

I'd set your tire pressures according to the chalk stripe test. Weight has a lot to do with it. As an example, my 3/4 ton is set at 68 on E rated KO2s.

For data collection purposes let’s bring this thread up a bit again and binge on the skyrocketing gas prices :smokin::smokin:
7A73A451-5DFE-4716-A220-5CDF18A95D91.jpeg

Mileage on the infotainment lcd is from house to hotel. Trip A is from gas station (gassed up the night before our trip to San Diego CA) to hotel, about 5 miles difference, had to go to the store real quick to buy some snacks for the kids. And oh I poured a can full of seafoam sf16 before getting the tank filled. I do this once a year only to get the injectors a little bit of cleaning. Maiden run for the new denso re-man alternator and 27f battery from costco. Cruised at 68mph, 4hrs 45mins total travel time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom