Another Limp mode thread HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched through the threads and tried everything but Im still having an issue. 2000 LC with 103k miles

Start engine and VSCtrac and VSC off lights come on and car is in limp mode. No acceleration. Turn off then restart same thing. Third time is starts and runs fine. Lights never go off.

Ive replaced the APPS and the TPC. Cleaned throtle body. Reset the codes and VSC lights still turn on.

Error codes are 100,110,120,121,1126

I've done everything I can think of besides taking it to the dealer.

I noticed the TPC is adjustable. Is there a certain spot it needs to be set at? I noticed if I adjust it a little the car will not start so I put it to a position where it starts and runs.

The car use to go in to limp mode while driving. Ever since I changed out the TPC and the APPS it only does it at start up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just went through something similar. I replaced my APPS, TPS (I don't know what a TPC is) and finally the Throttle Control motor. First it threw a P1120 code out in the desert. I was able to clear the code and drive home fine.

So, I decided to replace the APPS and TPS sensors. This worked fine for a couple of weeks. I recently changed out my battery. It then threw a P1128 code and basically went into limp mode. My mechanic is replacing the Throttle control motor today and says it appears to be running fine.

Sorry, I am not sure if this is any help for you, but I figured I would document what I did.

Just dont understand why this only happens some times. There will be weeks that go by and the land cruiser runs perfect. Then one day the lights go on and limp mode. restart ands lights stay on but car runs fine. Other days it just wont start, takes me a few times to get her going. Then a day later with out changing a thing she'll run for weeks with out the lights or issues.

This truck is cursed. Time to get rid of it and get me a Ram 1500

Same problem here what was the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom