Another Laptop mount...cheap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
Since I have a ton of time these days, I built a laptop mount for my tiny Latitude LS laptop to run my GPS program and run MP3's. It's solid and was dirt cheap...under $10 for the raw materials. The docking station was $15 at a local used parts place .

Pics can be seen here:

http://davegonz.blogspot.com/

The mount is easily unscrewed when not needed. All of the wires and USB connections (GPS puck..etc.) are on the docking station and requires no additional setup....just pop in the laptop and it's ready to go.

David,

Very simple/nice system it is a exactly what I want to do with my setup. Can you tell me exactly what you bought.

Thanks

Victor

Here goes...All from Home Depot.

1 X 8" Galvanized steel pipe with threaded ends on each side
2 X Flange adapters
1 X Longer than the stock M8 Bolt for attaching to center console
1 X 8"X16" (I think) sheet of 16 gage sheetmetal
1/4" nuts and bolts
Velcro

I cut one of the flanges to fit inside the cup holder area...basically line up the little carpet rectangle and use it to mark the cuts for the flange.

Last edited:
i love it! can you do more on the install instructions.

very impressive considering the materials...

i was in the cruiser the other day measuring and drawing diagrams of how to best mount my laptop for an upcoming roadtrip in hopes to test MapPoint's GPS capabilites.. this might be my solution for a fraction of the cost...

thanks for the ideas and pics :D

was the sheetmetal precut or did u do some fab work? what guage?

I bought a 8x16 inch sheet ...16 gauge from Home Depot..I then mounted the docking station and laptop and hacksawed the excess. Of course this all depends on the size of your laptop and whether you have a docking station/port. I bent the lip at the bottom with a crescent wrench..I would have used a vise if I had one handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom