Another Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

re_guderian

SILVER Star
Threads
Just thought I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking around here for a few weeks. I have just bought a '95 FZJ80 (from Brian Koerner), so I'm looking forward to getting out and wheeling it here in AZ! I've had an FJ60 for over 7 years that I built up and recently sold. That was a fun rig, and I expect the 80 to be even better (and my wife will like it better than the 60, I suppose). This site has tons of info, and stranely enough, it seems like I spend entirely too much time reading threads here. Very addicting. Now my yard looks like crap, but I've been learning a lot about 80's! :doh: . I've been on the LCML for a long time, but it's not as 80-centric as this forum.

Romer said:
Welcome. You need to post some pics and more info on the rig
Well, until the transport co. drops it at my door, this will have to do.

re_guderian said:
Well, until the transport co. drops it at my door, this will have to do.

That is a very nice rig...with a very nice price. Congrats!

Nice grab. Welcome :flipoff2:

Looks nice - congratulations and welcome :flipoff2:

Is that the original paint (white) in the pics, and it's since been painted dune beige?

David

Welcome to the BIG leagues .., But you need to post pics to totally graduate ! Whats the first mod...

Congrats on the rig and...
Welcome :flipoff2:

re_guderian said:
Just thought I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking around here for a few weeks. I have just bought a '95 FZJ80 (from Brian Koerner), and I expect the 80 to be even better (and my wife will like it better than the 60, I suppose)
Expect the 80 to be even better? LOL, the 80s popular around the worlds both on
and off road capabilites, oh welcome :flipoff2:

Welcome, and congrates, hope to see you on the trails!!!

yellowchaosfj80 said:
But you need to post pics to totally graduate ! Whats the first mod...

Prolly be a ~week until I get the truck. I'll post pics from the first wheeling trip. If you've seen Bian's FS post, you'll know it doesn't need much more in the way of mods. Just some desert pinstriping, maybe. Probably take it for a few trips to see what it needs, if any. Caster correction bushings and a CO2 tank top the list, though. Not sure what to do with the snorkel. There's probably only a half dozen places in the state with water deep enought to worry about that :doh: I guess since there's already a big hole in the fender I'll leave it on and just deal with the goofy looks when I try to explain to the locals what "water" is, and why you'd want to cross it. 18" in the Gila River near the Coke ovens is the deepest I've ever crossed in my 60.

As for the FJ60 v FZJ80, my wife didn't like to drive the 60 because "it drove like a tractor". Well duh, that's the point, right? I'm sure she (and I) will like the 80's comfort and capabilities better.

I don't know about the water thing....I have had a lifted 80 in above the hood in water out by bartlet lake before. Took both axels locked to get threw it and didn't have a snorkel :doh:

Not sure what to do with the snorkel.

When wheeling with other trucks, you will find that the air cleaner will stay much cleaner with the snorkel. The snorkel air intake is high enough to get above most of the dust cloud when behind another truck.

Congrats!
I just bought a 97 a couple weeks ago, but I must have looked at the pix and specs of the one you just bought about a hundred times, nice truck.
JonB

Woohoo! :D Transport just dropped off the 80 this afternoon! Unfortunately, the digital camera is dead, so pics will have to wait a few days... I'm stoked, but I guess I have to go back to work.... :crybaby:

Loved the idea when first showed paint pics here. You going to keep that sticker thats on the top of the rear window?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom