Another high mileage 100 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone ever had occasion to use the 3rd row seats? Are they worth keeping? Seems like two more big objects to store with little chance of ever using them. Not interested in storing them in the 100 either. Worth selling?
Thoughts?

Has anyone ever had occasion to use the 3rd row seats? Are they worth keeping? Seems like two more big objects to store with little chance of ever using them. Not interested in storing them in the 100 either. Worth selling?
Thoughts?
When I bought mine they were already missing, first thing I did was delete the rear seat belts. For us as a family of four plus one dog, we did not need the additional seating and I haven't given a moments thought to replacing them.

Thoughts?

I've used mine semi often, but we're a family of 5 and have other family in town as well. When I built my cargo drawer/sleep platform I purposely designed it so I could remove half and install one seat if I needed to. (Or totally remove and replace with the seats.) The seats are a bit bulky to store, but worth hanging onto, IMO.

Thoughts?

I took one out and kept the other. On rare occasions it did get used when there happened to be 6 of us. Now with a 200 in the garage I guess I don't really need it anymore. You would be lucky to find someone to take them for free.

Figured Id throw this out there for anyone looking at the dobinsons... I did not see a better way of making their stud work.
9ABCB3B0-39AB-405B-8396-A32664D3A267.jpeg

Is the bottom one a cup holder or are these for an upgraded model? If it is, its stuck closed.

52FD6FC1-CE50-448E-BABA-0FBB0848B757.jpeg

Did a fair bit of reading but didn’t find what I was after... I’m assuming its typical for the brake pedal to pump up when turning ign on? It does it every morning, only once has it not.

Is the bottom one a cup holder or are these for an upgraded model? If it is, its stuck closed.

View attachment 2353929

Should be cupholders. The PO was probably sick of them randomly popping open on dirt roads and superglued them shut. I think thats my next mod. You are also missing the incredibly high tech rear audio control system.

50056992672_36f60c4035_c.jpg

On second thought.....I bet you could fit a 1000w inverter in the space occupied by the cupholders. :hmm:

That looks like the stock skid plate / splash guard - it' got fiberglass* in the plastic so be a little careful if you handle it much.

That is a cup holder for the second row. Mine needs to come out for a good cleaning too. Alternating between pressing and lightly prying brought mine out - it's still misbehaving but mostly works.

Oops, your build thread - moving over to "what have you done"

Last edited:
Should be cupholders. The PO was probably sick of them randomly popping open on dirt roads and superglued them shut. I think thats my next mod. You are also missing the incredibly high tech rear audio control system.

50056992672_36f60c4035_c.jpg
Ahh I did everything short of prying on them so that very well could be, or just sticky from the god knows what that coated everything else inside hah.

Yeah those audio controls...real shame hah.

An inverter would be a good addition...

That looks like the stock skid plate / splash guard - it' got fiberglass* in the plastic so be a little careful if you handle it much.

That is a cup holder for the second row. Mine needs to come out for a good cleaning too. Alternating between pressing and lightly prying brought mine out - it's still misbehaving but mostly works.

My projects this week:
  • Installed Escape Gear seat covers - love them. Made from scratch and arrived from South Africa faster than I could get sliders from the west coast.
  • Dealt with the recent bad wheel lug - unlike previous lugs this one was reluctant to be pulled into place.
  • Exchanged the transmission fluid, even flushed the cooler. With the wife manning the ignition key this was a half-banana job.
  • While taking off the grill I saw there were two broken headlight brackets on each side so reconstructed and/or buttressed the three worst using some Kydex and 5 minute epoxy.
  • Installed the bracket for my ASFIR middle skid - cut back my factory skid a bit more and embedded *fiberglass into various spots on both hands. Went on much more easily than expected ~ that is to say it pretty much fit. Will massage one or two of the holes so they more exactly align.

I’m mildly impressed. Its above and beyond what they did on the 4runners and Tacomas at least.

Sounds like a busy week!

I hadn’t seen those covers but my lseat replacement leathers are already on order.

The atf swap is another one I need to tackle and in fact 16 quarts showed up from Amazon today, so that’ll be soon

Bought my 1999 with 220,000 , replaced brakes, alternator, fuze box (ran into crank won't start), starter, ECM and timing belt was done at 195k, was original bay area car, now in Nevada.

lc100.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom