Another high mileage 100 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive been looking at marketplace and CL, and KSL. I’ll check out Autotempest, thanks for the tip!

I found one! Its a little rough but I think it should clean up nicely. 99 with 268k on it and a rear locker. Up in Truckee. Its got a few little things so I was able to talk the seller down to $3700 which I thought was pretty fair and he seemed okay with it, just glad to not have to deal with the crazies. That went for me as well...

It needs a lot of TLC but I think the paint can be brought back for the most part. The interior needs scrubbed big time too.

The more pressing issues are a leak at the water neck, valve cover gaskets leaking, coil pack arcd the spring into powder, some cracked pcv hoses, several of the door locks only work when they feel like it, the passenger window only rolls down and not up, and the front seats are torn — with the passenger seat in pretty bad shape.

The good

-Rear locker, and it works!
-Has a weird older style of weathertechs Id never seen but still nice
-No rust, and no noticeable leaks
-I have 100k miles of oil change and repair invoices and he had a lot of work done — the downside to that is I don’t know what kind of parts they used and I can see small signs of cut corners but he went to the same shop for 100k of service so... I guess thats good.

To that end I’ll post a spreadsheet of what has been done.

8C962B22-12F2-45D5-B61C-7B0D940DB44F.jpeg

4B3B0E88-CBCF-4369-BB4B-A6460894AF91.jpeg

Last edited:
New Fan Clutch1929002/5/15
Timing Belt, Timing Belt Tensioner, Serpentine, Upper Rad Hose, Thermostat, Water Pump1990006/26/15
BFG KO2 265/75R1622045010/4/16
New Spark Plugs22155010/28/16
New brake pads and rotors -- front and rear, New Front Calipers, New Front Wheel Seals, New driver side sway bar link, 23480010/11/17
New Napa battery???1/8/18
New front brake pads and rotors2506023/11/19
New Air Filter2561086/21/19
New Radiator, New upper rad hose2577568/21/19
New #6 ignition coil and spark plug2640751/16/20

Looks like you made a good find and yes the heater T's look new.

Heater Tees have definitely been touched, the worm gear clamps on the bottoms are not OE. You might want take a closer look at what’s going on there, rig looks pretty decent for the money all in all.

Thanks guys!

Okay good, I assume they usually look brown and brittle on the outside but figured I’d double check. Figured the hose clamps could have been to address weak spring clamps, actually I think thats the case still — assuming thats why they just slid the spring clamps down.

I need to get under it and take stock of whats going on but in some cursory glances all looks well!

High miles is no problem but it does not look in a good shape, looks like brakes, suspension, and real diff are leaking. I'd stay away.

Mine has 325k miles and I'd drive it to NYC and back now.

Well well well

I would rather have a 2003-2005 over a 2006/2007 for reliability. And obviously any of those years over 1998-2002 for the a750f but prices are rough in the later years still.

IMO, also, the Lexus looks better and you can ditch the AHC when it breaks

And... Night View. If you have to ask, you're not ready.

What makes the later trucks less reliable?

Needs some work but nothing major and the price is right. Exterior is in decent shape. T's look good, O-ring near thermostat housing not so good. I have 8 spare ignition coils after changing mine. You are welcome to one or two if needed.

I paid 3k for mine in a little rougher condition- ac doesnt work, bad tires, shocks rusted apart, steering rack/pump whine, rough interior. So i'd say you did pretty well.

edit: should add it had 296k on it when i bought it. Just rolled 298k

Last edited:
High miles is no problem but it does not look in a good shape, looks like brakes, suspension, and real diff are leaking. I'd stay away.

Mine has 325k miles and I'd drive it to NYC and back now.
Fortunately I passed and found a much better maintained one!

Needs some work but nothing major and the price is right. Exterior is in decent shape. T's look good, O-ring near thermostat housing not so good. I have 8 spare ignition coils after changing mine. You are welcome to one or two if needed.

Thanks! Bought some detailing products and going to borrow a polisher. Also ordered a clear wand for my shop vac so I can watch all the nastiness leave the carpet as I wash/vac it.

Yeah... Found an oring at work so with any luck that’ll take care of it.

I appreciate that! I’m thinking about ordering a set of the Flamma coils at half the cost of the Densos. So I should have some spares myself but for now I’m going to grab a new coil in town to replace this bad one.

BC723CB7-D3E2-4657-8BD9-71856C56C76D.jpeg

I paid 3k for mine in a little rougher condition- ac doesnt work, bad tires, shocks rusted apart, steering rack/pump whine, rough interior. So i'd say you did pretty well.

edit: should add it had 296k on it when i bought it. Just rolled 298k

Thanks man, I felt good about it but good to know.

Whats the best course of action with the seats? Ill start combing through threads but figured Id ask...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom