For Sale Another Helluva 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another Helluva 60-SOLD

I’ll let the facts speak for themselves about my 1987 FJ60. It is the veteran of several trips to Moab and the mountain trails of Colorado but is now ready to continue down the path to adventure with a new owner. I’m listing this soon-to-be-yours Toyota Land Cruiser for $10,000. You got questions, want to see specific pictures, or you’re ready to buy, PM me.

I purchased it from a little old lady who thought it was great for hauling around her dogs. She was not the first owner, but the truck started its useful life in Colorado and has lived it here too, so it has NOT been ravaged by the evil red devil…rust. I bought it on 6/17/10 with 160,490 miles on it, and quickly took care of the few items that needed attention. Then I started the build. I have all my receipts, and documentation from the PO’s work. I have treated this truck with the love that a beautiful old Land Cruiser deserves.

Current Mileage: 183,xxx.

Toyota OEM H55F 5-speed tranny (February 2012) Yeah baby, it’s got that coveted 5 speed.
ARB Air lockers front and rear (February 2012 and April 2012).
Longfields (April 2012)
On-board air kit installed on the ARB air pump.
4.11 Gearing (2550rpm at 70 mph and crawls just right)
Old Man Emu Suspension
Michelin AT2 285/75/16 tires
American Eagle Black Alloy Wheels (16x8)
AGM battery (Oddessy blem)
Addicted Offroad HD step sliders
Slee Rear Bumper http://sleeoffroad.com/products/fj62rearbumper.htm
Pioneer Stereo with Boston speakers
Cobra hidden CB radio

An example of the kind of things that are not upgrades that I have done to this truck: replaced the aftermarket CFS radiator with a Toyota radiator (from a yard but serviced, cleaned out and inspected at the good radiator shop in town).

What it needs:
New TREs. I have them ready to be installed.
New air conditioning compressor. Again I have one in the Toyota box ready to be installed.
A good home, preferably with a child and dog, that plans to take good care of it, spending nearly every weekend in the mountains playing

If you have been looking for a built and beautiful 60. Rust-free and ready to wheel, this is it. I look forward to hearing from you.

016.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

Last edited:
Just so we all know it's not a poser rig.

First one I don't recognize, but 2nd one looks like Hell's Revenge and 3rd one looks like Fins & Things. Am I right?

BTW folks. I have seen this rig up close and personal, and served hard-time with Sascha on the Cruise Moab committee together. It is worth every penny and I have no idea why he's selling it.

It's set up real similar to my 60, which is a really nice combination of daily driver to family hauler to road trip car to expedition to rock crawling.

You have a great eye, Jeff. That first one is the last move on the short optional obstacle section of Dome Plateau...or is it Kane Creek?

You have a great eye, Jeff. That first one is the last move on the short optional obstacle section of Dome Plateau...or is it Kane Creek?

Definitely not Kane Creek. I haven't done Dome Plateau, so there you have it. Must be Dome Plateau. Dragon wagon LOL!

Seriously, I still don't understand why you want to sell your wagon now that everything's perfect?

A few more smaller items to add to the list of what this truck has:
Silicone vaccuum lines
Stainless steel brake lines.
New clutch master.
New rear brake cylinders and drums.
New Toyota u joints on balanced rear driveshaft.
K&N air filter.
Extended sway bar links.
Fresh tune up with oil change, plugs.
Roundeyes headlights.
Clutch was replaced by PO at 155xxx miles so I left it alone when I installed the H55.
Steering gearbox rebuilt by the West Texas guys.
Complete front knuckle job with new bearings and Marlin seals.

Last edited:
Definitely not Kane Creek. I haven't done Dome Plateau, so there you have it. Must be Dome Plateau. Dragon wagon LOL! Seriously, I still don't understand why you want to sell your wagon now that everything's perfect?

I'm going back to the FJ 40 basics. I only have one kid left who is young enough to do stuff with his Dad, and the two of us and the dog will fit just fine in the 40. With my new pickup, I can tow the 40 to Moab or other more distant places, so I don't need that one vehicle that will do it all in comfort anymore...and the 60 really excelled at that. And I am starting to get too many vehicles for the space I have. Selling one is much easier than learning discipline at my late age. You know what they say about old dogs...

still for sale

This truck is sold. Thanks for all the interest and PMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom