another good use for the adjustable antenna height (1 Viewer)

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
yup,the breather idea was cute.

But just thought of something else the other day:

There is a new parking structure nearby. It has only 7' of clearance. Was kinda spooky to drive in with the roof fairly close to the concrete beams. Odd effect. Well that go me thinking (no worry, just a bit...:) ):

if you have a high lift or a roof rack, especially loaded, you can adjust the antenna height right to be level with the top of the load or roof rack. That way, when you get into a parking structure, you can just look up and see if the antenna tip touches the indicator bar, door top etc so you don't tear the roof rack off. Easy to see through the front windshield.

Can also use it to figure out the clearance if there is no indicator.

Great use just be careful. When it is real close, I had to deflate a tire once as the antenna test past but going from a flat surface to a sharp decline around a corner almost grabbed the stock roof rack, I was knew it close so I had a spotter checking. A fat chick in the bad would have created enough droop.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
well, then, just adjust the antenna a couple of inches above the rack to be on the safe side :)

or just have some candy along so you can bribe a lady in the truck...

I knew a guy who got his jeep cherokee stuff in a parking ramp as he drove in there with 4 people, and was leaving alone. He ended up deflating the tires so he could get out.

Remember that a lot of garages get lower once you go to the second or higher level. I found that out the hard way when I destroyed a bike, bike rack, and scratched/dented the crap out of the top of my car a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom