Another FJ40 Tub Camper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been building this for a couple of years, it's going to get paint the same color as my 68.

Thought I would post some pictures as I am getting ready for it's maiden voyage to the Tall Corn Cruiser Classic at the end of the month.
004.jpg

019.jpg

The RTT is for the kids and the queen inside is for me and the :princess:.
004.jpg
019.jpg

NOW that is sweeeeet...and very innovative...great job!!

Sweet. Any more pics?

It was pretty rusted when I bought it.
I cut every piece of floor out then put in new sheet metal.
DSC02851.jpg

This way worked with the blow up mattress, but not with a regular mattress like what I wanted to use. So I built it up to the wheel wells later in the build.
camper 007.jpg
camper 007.jpg
DSC02851.jpg

what purpose does the sheet metal forward of the firewall serve?

Please tell me you used the old fuel fill area to supply a water tank under the mattress...

No water holding area, I filled that hole in. I am not planning on doing anything that extreme where I would need it.

Everything I did was to keep it dry inside, a solid sheet across the firewall helped out a bunch, plus, it was there when I bought it.

DSC02964.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg
003.jpg
DSC02964.jpg
006.jpg

I live in the high desert and travel w/dogs, so water is high on my list of priorities. continue the pix please, love the idea.

awesome camper, fine looking job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can see how low my finder well are now, I laid them right on the flange of the old wheel well.

016 (2).jpg

Sandblasted then U-pol Raptor the whole inside, again for a water sealant. This stuff works great, smooth to the touch.

08-21-09 094.jpg
016 (2).jpg
08-21-09 094.jpg

The thing I like about this project is that it might inspire others to save an otherwise unsalvageable LandCruiser from going to make Priuses.

Of course, it's not going to work as well with an 80, but there is the 60 trailer to inspire:confused:

That is awesome, are you and your brother coming to SMORR? Hope so, nice work btw. I'm dieing to see that thing in person!! Justin

Wont be back to SMORR till next year, I think thad and marty are coming up to the TCCC.

It's gonna be a muddy mess. We have had a lot of rain up here.

Looks great - can't wait to see it next weekend. Noob question for you, though - what is the purpose of the enclosure on the side?

Tony

Look in his GARAGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom