Another FJ find near Riyadh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After the somewhat disappointing (if not lucky) end to a previous FJ graveyard find near Riyadh, came across an altogether different place this weekend.
Plenty of stuff for sale, mostly with no but some with varying degrees of work done.

20220325_142717.jpg

20220325_142730.jpg

20220325_142852.jpg

20220325_142922.jpg

20220325_143600.jpg

A few more pics

20220325_144314.jpg

20220325_144334.jpg

Some pics of a somewhat spruced up '84 LX with a (partial) original zebra cloth interior, unfortunately with substantial floorpan rust that appeared patched by a previous owner in a rather quick and dirty way.

20220325_160925.jpg

20220325_160949.jpg

20220325_160957.jpg

20220325_161254.jpg

20220325_161300.jpg

Those trucks had potential if you ask me

Decent looking Troopy
He had 5 or 6 of them, bit difficult to spot but the first 4 vehicles on the 4th picture in the first post are all FJ45s, plus a few others parked around

Are these for sale?

until the pic with the green one, I was going to ask if there was only 2 colors available?

Are these for sale?
Yes, I guess so although I didn't specifically ask if it is all for sale. While I was there another guy was picking up a softtop he'd bought earlier and wanted to drive another hardtop.

until the pic with the green one, I was going to ask if there was only 2 colors available?
To be honest, I think there is only one color originally imported, the tan "standard". The green one is most likely a private respray.
Even with newer LCs, 70 series are mostly tan (in particular the pick-ups) with some white ones mixed in. Of the LC200 that you see in Saudi, probably 98% are white. When I bought my 200 I wanted a different color, the sales guy slid under the table laughing about so much stupidity. Needless to say I ended up with a white one :cool:

Yes, I guess so although I didn't specifically ask if it is all for sale. While I was there another guy was picking up a softtop he'd bought earlier and wanted to drive another hardtop.

Was there any FJ43s in the mix? Probably top on my list and one of a few models would think about importing. I 8/80+ petrol in LHD would be sweet. Particularly one not already restored.

Was there any FJ43s in the mix? Probably top on my list and one of a few models would think about importing. I 8/80+ petrol in LHD would be sweet. Particularly one not already restored.
He had a few soft-tops but didn't look specifically at those as I'm looking for a hardtop. I'll ask and let you know in a PM

See PM for details, he has 3.

Looking for a FJ45 pickup. Any help would be appreciated.
Plenty of them around but they are a bit tricky since they are considered commercial vehicles and only a Saudi (or a Saudi registered company) can buy them. I had to get a colleague to buy and "own" my FZJ75 pickup. He has now "sold" it to me in the US and it is in the process of being exported. Nothing that can't be worked through but it's not as simple as other vehicles. Just making sure @fvunen is aware.

Ah, man. So many nice options there. Think he has a spare soft top and bows for a 40 for sale?

See PM for details, he has 3.

The 84 was interesting until seen paint in progress. Would rather have one needing to be restored. Could see the actual condition of the tub. Would assume the 80 model and 82 model have added A/C and no heater? In North America a heater would be more useful at least to me it would be. The A/C not being factory but aftermarket would make it made harder to install a factory heater which I have all parts for.

Plenty of them around but they are a bit tricky since they are considered commercial vehicles and only a Saudi (or a Saudi registered company) can buy them. I had to get a colleague to buy and "own" my FZJ75 pickup. He has now "sold" it to me in the US and it is in the process of being exported. Nothing that can't be worked through but it's not as simple as other vehicles. Just making sure @fvunen is aware.
Indeed, pick-ups are registered in a different way in Saudi but shouldn't be an impediment to export. I've not seen any pick-ups while there however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom