Another FJ 80 bite the dust...Headgasket?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aw crap!!! I turn on the AC...and did not noticed the temp climb past half..
But, just being anal, I oop the hood and head this bubbling sounds around the upper hose, radiator and in the resevoir.
When putting in the thermostat, I also squeezed the crap out of the rad. hose to burp it.
I really think it is the Head.

if you get a good mechanic stethoscope ($5 at HF), you will be amazed how clearly you can hear the inside sounds. Will pinpoint the bubbling location in no time...

The same thing happened to me. Switched from green to red and shortly after, the 80 started overheating. It would overheat within 5 minutes of starting.

I had to replace the radiator. Apparently, the radiator shop said that it was clogged with gunk and they recommended that I replace it. I always assumed that switching from green to red and not fully flushing the engine core cost me the radiator.

Cdan shipped a 94 radiator to the Toyota dealer in Utah and they replaced it. I haven't had a problem in 3 1/2 years.

So, make sure you take the radiator to a radiator shop and have them look at it.

FWIW I got a quote from a very reputable local LC mechanic of 1,600 to do the HG a couple weeks ago. 750 seems way to cheap.

The same thing happened to me. Switched from green to red and shortly after, the 80 started overheating. It would overheat within 5 minutes of starting.

I had to replace the radiator. Apparently, the radiator shop said that it was clogged with gunk and they recommended that I replace it. I always assumed that switching from green to red and not fully flushing the engine core cost me the radiator.

Cdan shipped a 94 radiator to the Toyota dealer in Utah and they replaced it. I haven't had a problem in 3 1/2 years.

So, make sure you take the radiator to a radiator shop and have them look at it.

Does your has this bubbling and gurling sounds?
I wonder if I can use my own stet to listen to it? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom