Another EGR Delete Thread 1997 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
1997 Land Cruiser, 263K miles on it, HG in progress.

So for the last 3 weeks I've been working on my cruiser getting HG done along with a LOT of other items. The intake side looked terrible so I'm getting that all cleaned up nice and getting all the gunk out. Started looking at all the EGR hoses, etc. on the bottom. They should probably be replaced, along with the VSV, VCV, etc. They're all old, original, and expensive to replace 100% new. With all that said, I am at a point where I have been strongly considering a full EGR delete.

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom side of the intake once all EGR stuff is deleted?

Which of the 3 sensors on the bottom remain? Any?

Is there a plate to completely remove the EGR tube completely on the head too? I figure it's out, just block it there.

Is there a plate to completely remove the EGR tube completely on the head too? I figure it's out, just block it there.

You need to check out Wits End's keychains.

I made a plate out of a piece of mild steel I had laying around.
Used the gasket as a template, marked the holes, drilled them out first, then just cut out the shape with a hacksaw.
Deburred and installed with said gasket.
Did the exact same thing with the intake manifold, but used a piece of aluminum instead.
Don't forget to fake the ECU EGR temp sensor with a 4.5-5 KOhm resistor.
I left all the "stuff" under the intake. I left the temp sensor in the manifold as a plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom