Another dang nab clutch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
Got a 87 fj60 with about 155,000 on the clock. Yesterday the clutch started acting wierd. It has the 3/4 to 1 inch freeplay at the top but as soon as you get past that the clutch disengages / engages right there. Does it just need to be adjusted or time for a new clutch ? Its not leaking at all, and still full. The tranny shifts fine, its just at the very top now.

Thanks much.

I have this same issue. Is this a problem? I thought that it was normal.

:beer:

Mine disengages immediately at the top of the peddle now though. (after the normal play )

sounds like ya got a leak in CMC or SC....check your fluid levels...

A leak would make it engage or disengage at a LOWER pedal height. Sounds like you shoudl jst be happy about it to me ;)

At 155ooo miles the factory clutch is likely worn down. If it is engaging near the top of the pedal that is a sure sign.
Take it up a hill in 4th and floor it, if it doesn't slip there's not immediate problem, but from your description it is probably coming up soon. As far as i know there is no adjustment on the slave.

My dad is stubborn and has put well over 50ooo miles on his accord with a slipping clutch, so its not really urgent

-Dave-

ok Mr. know it all.... :D

Hows Bob doing? was gonna Pm ya about it...

Have not touched him at all lately. (I can't believe that I just said that ;) )

Been playing with the 40, the front yard and the kids.

I have everything basically buttoned up parts wide for the MS conversion I just have to take a die grinder to the TBI adapter so that it actually flows properly and bolt it all up.

Course, I figure the first time I start it up it will just blow up ;)

BTW, WSU is right, take it and load the hell out of the clutch to see if it is slipping. I reccomend a 4K shift while wide open... that will tell if the clutch is doing well or not ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom