Another aux lighting question.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As long as there's some aux lighting discussion going on I got a question please.

I have Hella 500 fog and 1000 driving lamps mounted on ARB.

Both sets are independantly switched on the dash.

The 500 fog lamps are wired into the parking lights so that they come on with parking lamps and stay on with low and high beams as long as their dash switch is in the on position. Yes - I know this is against the law in many states. Where I live nobody gives a s*&t.

I wanted the 1000's to come on with the high beams when switched to the on position, but I couldn't get it to work. If I remember correctly - this was several years ago - when I connected them to the high beam driver's side they didn't do anything and when I connected them to low beam they would come on with low beams and go off with the high beams.

After studying the wiring diagram, etc. and trying some other stuf I finally gave up.

Can anybody tell me which wire or combination would trigger the driving lights with the high beams when switched to the on position.

Obviously this is against the law in many states, but I don't care and neither do my many friends who are police officers.

Thanks and happy holidays.

the slee upgrade harness for you headlights has pigtails for either or both ways.

EZ and it can all be done under the hood.

Tap into the hi-beam wire at the headlight, use it to control a relay mounted by the bat., pick up the hot feed for the aux lights off the bat. run it to the line side of the relay, run the wiring from the aux lights to the load side of the relay. When your hi-beams come on it energizes the relay and aux lights come on. Make sure you fuse it.

Where do you buy your relays phil?

I don't know what kind of driving you do, but you might want to experiment with, if you haven't already, to have your low or at least your fogs to turn "off" while you have the brights on, especially on the backroad (not so much in the city).

It takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust, but you could actually see better farther down the road than having a very bright foreground right in front of you.
I do the same whenever I can with the instrumental lights by dimming while driving in the country so I can see the importnat things on the road far down the road.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck!!

Mot :)

Thanks LCPhil. Both circuits are fused with 25AMP switched relays so that won't be a problem. I can't remember whether I tried that or not. Obviously if I did I didn't get it right. I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom