Another ABS / VSC Off / VSC Trac post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Shortly after purchase my LX470 started showing a check engine light, and naturally the ABS and VSC lights came on. I replaced a faulty O2 sensor and all the lights cleared. Then the ABS and VSC lights returned, but with no CEL. I purchased OBD Fusion and an OBD dongle so that I could diagnose the issue, and found that all my wheel speed sensors are functional. I read somewhere (probably this site) that the large 4 piston front calipers require so much fluid when the pads are thin that they can cause this issue. So, without even checking the brakes I bought pads and installed them. The old pads were barely down to the bottom of the groove, but when I put the new ones on the lights all went out. Aaaannd a week later they're back.
I have not done the back brakes yet, but I will do so one night this week, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into this. I will top off the master cylinder as soon as I do the rear pads.

Here are some screen caps from OBD Fusion. The first code I'm ignoring for now, because I think it's a symptom of the second code. I'm cautiously optimistic that the problem is just low fluid (fingers crossed). The "Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor 2" is showing 0 volts, and I have not yet determined if that is due to an actual low pressure condition, or if there is some other issue there.
Also kind of interesting, I added all the wheel speed PIDs while I was driving and took screen shots of the app while my speedo read around 35 MPH. I have no idea why there are two for each wheel, or why one of each pair reads close to the speedometer speed while the other is considerably slower. I'm very curious about the whole thing, so if anyone knows I'd appreciate an explanation.

I have a downloaded copy of the FSM for a 2004, but I think I must be missing some chapters, so I'm unable to follow the Diagnostic portion that I do have.

IMG_8531.jpeg
IMG_8533.jpeg
IMG_8534.jpeg

C1223 is a general fault that pops up anytime there’s a problem with the ABS/VSC/TRAC system. C1246 is what needs to be fixed.

C8632086-227D-4EEE-86BE-96B19CF138E1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom