Another 60 series bullbar.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is a repost or old news (search is down) but while checking out SOR's site tonight, I notice they're now importing (from Australia) a new bullbar for the 60 series ...

Made by a company called ECB:

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat229.tam#229-106

At 900 bucks, it doesn't seem any cheaper than the tried-and-true ARB, but maybe it''ll appeal to someone looking for something different. And now we can see what an all chrome bullbar looks like ... who knew?

jason

looks just like the TJM on my wifes 4runner. Maybe a rip off or another brand who copied TJM?

I think it looks like giant silver turd, but thats just me.

I don't like how it looks, either. But I'm also glad to see another option out there besides the ARB....

Honestly, I'm not crazy about how any of the bullbars I've seen look on the 60 (they all seem to have one or two tiny things that don't look exactly right) but maybe I'm overanalyzing it. The ARB is definitely an affordable (relatively speaking) and proven bumper.

Holy freakin uglyness that belongs on an H2

if it is thick enough, Al should work just fine... less corrosion, less weight. If it does get bent, however, you can't really pound it out. And forget about amateur welding on of light tabs and such

How's this for ugly? (I can point fingers because it's mine)

Last edited:
TremorX said:
Why'd someone weld a gate to the front of your 60? :confused:

:D

I got it at a farm where they were parting-out the corrals and fencing. I wanted barbed wire but they sold out.

A friend of mine had an East Coast Bullbar on his 4runner. Apparently a well known brand in Aus (maybe just the landrover people????). Buddy's didn't look as 'cartoony' as the ones pictured above -- his was closer to an ARB. Yes they are alumin(i)um, yes they are polished (I guess you either like it, or you don't).
After looking it over, it appeared to be of quality construction, and it used anything but 'thin' aluminum plate. Where the plates were joined, both the top & bottom surface of the joint were welded (though I can't recall the construction of the ARB's, 'other' brands of bumpers are welded & ground smooth on the outside, but aren't welded on the backside. The backside of the upper bars were coated with a non-reflective black paint (you can tell a lot by the little details). I can't comment on price, as my buddy got his from an old employer who was folding his shop, and liquidating parts...

Lots of people complain about how heavy their front bumper/winch combo's weigh..... food for thought....

I had a ECB Bar on a Trooper in a previous life.

One word for it S O L I D

They may be made from alloy but they are THICK and TOUGH.
What I like best about them is they are also very light compared to the Steel bars.
Not so importand on the Leaf front 60 but very importand on the IFS vehicles like the trooper, especially if you want a winch up front.

A very weel made product but you pay for it!!!! (But aint that life!!)

Its actually an aluminium alloy and is certainly tough without the weight.
They are not quite as impact resistant as the steel but most city owners run these.

Similar sort of alloy that boats are made of.

Generally the main thing to look for when buying an alloy bar is the thickness of the alloy.
They can vary from 3mm to 8mm or be a combination.
Here is a pic of mine ,probaly dealer fitted in 88 and still in production.
I can carry it around in one hand.
Toyota fit alloy bars to the 100 and 120 series
Notice the bottom centre section is thicker. I had it repaired by a boat builder after the PO wiped it out
robs pics 114 (Small).jpg

This alloy bar took the brunt of the impact after the 61 series got a flat tyre at speed on a dirt road and run into a deep ditch
12HT pics 002 (Small).jpg

OHHHH the humanity:crybaby: :crybaby:

what cha doing with all those parts:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom