Another 4WD Switch Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Green Bean

GOLD Star
Threads
Since we acquired our 1970 FJ40, the 4WD light indicator on the dash has not functioned. When I looked on the side of the transfer case, what I believe to be the switch seems to have broken of the connectors. (See attached photos) I did find 2 female lose bullet connectors that terminate right where what I believe to be the broken the switch is at. Questions: 1) Can someone please tell me if the switch is supposed to have 2 wire leads coming out of it that plug into the bullet connectors;? 2) Anyone have a part number or source for obtaining a new or used replacement switch? 3) Would it be correct that the wiring would be that 1 of the wires feeding the switch is a switched12v from the fuse box and the other wire goes to the light so that when the switch is "on" the hot side of circuit is completed and grounding occurs at the light on the dash? I ask this because I may need to run a new hot as my tester is not picking up 12v at the switch location.

Thank you again for all of the valuable help this forum has provided.

Existing 4WD Switch.jpg

Yes it has two wires off the switch. If you jump the two wires together on the harness the light on the dash should light up. If it does you just need to replace the switch. Did this on my 70 FJ40 a few years back.

Yes it has two wires off the switch. If you jump the two wires together on the harness the light on the dash should light up. If it does you just need to replace the switch. Did this on my 70 FJ40 a few years back.
So you know where to get a replacement switch? Thanks.

I have a switch for you Mark.😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom