Another 40 soon back on the road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks!

I have to paint the fenders, rear doors and hood, and repaint aprons and bib that I screwed up. Sometimes I really wish I were good at painting!

I have soft doors that I am going to run for now.

Windshield should be ready to be picked up tomorrow, and I am hoping to get an exhaust appointment next week.

Also need to order wheels and tires.

I just can't seem to make any good progress these days....

CAZ

Repainted the items that I messed up, and painted the front fenders.

main.php

main.php

That grey bezel looks interesting... not white, and yet not black. Hmm.... I like it. Missed you at FC.

Parts

Andy- your 40 looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see it in running condition.

I just bought a 77 parts truck, has the rad support rods and maybe other items you're looking for. Get your butt up here to look through my parts!!!!!!! Gary S

Sorry Gary, I know I have been flaky! Been busy working on stuff to get ready for the baby (mostly on the Cruiser ;)! I actually found the rad support pieces last week.

I do still have a list of items that I will need. Most important is a horn or two and a front bumper to get me through until I have time to build one!

I have the horns and possibly a front bumper. Let me know if you would be interested. We just went though our parts pile and there is a ton of stuff to get rid of, but not nearly as much as Gary has :D

Yeah, 35's and some nice aluminum wheels with 3.25 in. of backspacing. That would set your tires right at the flare. Now, I wonder where you could find some of those? ;)

Spent the WHOLE weekend working in the garage - getting really close!

Got the new wheels on, got all of the hinges, flip out cowl vents, and the rear doors painted, have the hood nearly completed, Bezel is done, seatbelts installed, etc.....

Bummer is that I can't pull it into the garage any more with the roll bar and top on it!

Aiming to get it on the road by the end of the week. I have an exhaust appointment on Friday across town and would like to drive it there.

main.php

That is awesome! :beer::beer:

Update:

Have been driving it for a week. I was really struggling to get it running well, and it turned out that one of my new Denso spark plugs was bad!

It is running ok now, but not perfect yet. I have an appointment on Tuesday with a guy who that has one of those Sun diagnostic machines with a scope and sniffer. Hopefully he will set me straight!

CAZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom