Another 40 soon back on the road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Threads
Hi All,

I thought I would introduce myself! I am finishing up restoration on a '74 FJ40. I have had it for 3 years, but due to unforseen circumstances (girlfriend and then marriage), I am finally working on it again. I hope to have it on the road in a month or two.

I bought it from NC with 37k miles in the clock (and I am sure that it is not 137k). The previous owner is my college roomate who decided to restore it and didn't really get too far. He had everything sandblasted and primed, but then he left it outside for 4 years to get a nice coat of surface rust ;)

Here are the pictures when I first brought it home - http://www.andrewzook.com/gallery/v/trucks/73_40/

I have pretty much completed the chassis - sandblasted/painted/replated all hardware, converted to front disk, and all that I have left is bodywork.

I am getting so close I can taste it!

I hope to hit some trails later this summer and meet some of you!

CAZ

Yes, I'm still kicking down here in MD. Looking forward to a current status gallery on your site.

Welcome!

Hello Andy!

How are you? Heard you were getting a 40 together! Look for ya soon!

Craig Merkey

Andy, nice to know you're still alive! Will we see you at GSMTR?

Will you be camping with us at McNabb?

In Area

Yes, I'm still in the area, haven't driven it much in the last few weeks, finally got my wife's engine back together in her cavalier a few months ago, so was driving the '94 4-Runner.

Have to catch up with you again....wheeling Saturday?

Craig

New picture -

main.php

Last edited:
Can't be sick of it already. I've got some work for ya:)

One of the skill sets I wish I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom