Another 40 hits the road! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, Guys, today I will call officially day one back on the road.

In the last few days, the UPS man has been kind.

New Lap Belts.
Dash cover
Hood Hooks
Speedo Cable
Trans Boot
T Case Boot
260 bucks worth of 8274 rebuild parts
Battery hold down
Rear View mirror

I am now an 8274 expert having rebuilt mine 3 different times:)
Its all back together and working, new remote, cover, solinoids, updated brake, lower housing rebuild. brake rebuilt.

I still have the 1970 duct tape seat. bolted in until the welder comes, to put the newer buckets in, but I have a seat belt at least to be legal. Insured, registerd. Happy.

So I got my other projects done today and took her for a spin. Went to the gas station and put in a few gallons. Turned some heads from the passenger in an H2 even.

New issues at this point, My coolant guage is reading just over the "C" This worries me a bit. but when I disconnect it from the sender it goes all the way over to hot. Possible I need a new one?

Anyhow, I still need to get some bugs worked out. but I wanted to thank a lot of guys in this club for their time, patience and wrenching. its kind of odd or maybe the sickness showing, but I can almost look at every bolt and part on this truck and remember what I, or you guys did to it to get it where it is today. THANKS MAN.

Hopefully with some highway friendly rubber, and a few more test runs I can get down to at least Akron there in the 40 to join you guys. I am still scared to get it up to speed, But then again I havent driven it on a road EVER. and have been working and thinking and swearing at it for over 5 years.

Only driveway poser shots today.

Warren.

Congrats Warren!!!

We were just talking about your rig today as we wheeled.

You are welcome down anytime man...

Now, let's see some pics.

Best.
-o-

I will grab some tomorrow. Today was the first time in a long time where I looked at that pile o junk in the driveway and smiled like a little kid, it dwarfs the 4 runner.

I still have some money left over and am going to do rear disks and an aussie locker at the same time.

That will pretty much kill the fund for right now.

The steering is kind of sloppy too. I set the toe in. but I think a rebuild of the center arm is in order. I already did new TREs like three years ago. I have 4degree shims with the 4 inch lift and extended shackles, but have not been fast enought to know if I have death wobble.

I know I also have to buy a star since I owe it to the board, pay my BBS dues, and TLCA membership.

BTW, We have another little one on the way, Late February!!

Warren,

Huge congrats and props man! Awesome news. Can't wait to see some pics. I bet it looks mean.

Congrats on the cruiser and the future cruiser addict on the way!

Marty

Now on the loose @ MSU Those poor freshmen in stock wranglers
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG

looks good...love the seat cover

Warren,

Your rig is lookin' totally badass my friend. Just in time for a Meeechigan winter too!

(.)(.) & :beer:

JuttyShabango said:
Warren,

Your rig is lookin' totally badass my friend. Just in time for a Meeechigan winter too!

(.)(.) & :beer:

Naw, it will go to sleep for the winter months:) Awefully cold with no top or doors.

This will be the first winter where I go out and start it regularly, Dont want to gum up Jims handywork...

as time, kids, and $$ permits.

Rear Disks
Rear Locker
Rear Seat
Full Cage
Center arm rebuild
Windshield washer functioning
Horn
Possible In cab winch controls
LONGS.....

oh yeah and a trailer and tow rig to come see yous guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom