Another 1hz oil leak or is it burning oil? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So from reading about it in the forum, I am guessing it must be either the famous oil pan leak or a faulty rear main seal. (My mechanic will be so happyđź«°)
I am loosing about 1 liter of oil every 2000-2500km.

I only see drops hanging down there but I am getting very little in the catch can and even though it is a 1995 75series it has only done 40.000km.
So I must be the leak. I guess a lot of oil can disappear when driving.

What I am wondering is.....

1. Any way to figure out if it is the oil pan or the main seal?

2. Why does the oil look so clean and fresh.. the engine oil is black by now?? Could I be mistaken and it is gear oil? But then where does the engine oil go?

20220823_085926~2.jpg

20220823_090230~2.jpg

Gear oil will smell very strong; motor oil won’t have much smell in comparison. Best way to pinpoint the leak is to thoroughly clean and degrease the area and then run the engine for a few minutes and look for where the oil is coming from. If you can’t see any take it for a short, relatively slow test drive and check again.

Update... So the nice clean drops are not Engine oil or transmission oil.. it's Diesel.. found that one of the injectors are leaking.. that is a easy fix... But then.... Where the hell are the oil going. Can it really be burning that much oil? And what can I do about it..
It has only done 40.000km.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom