Another 1HD-T with a cracked block (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.ginglesinspections.com
My ‘92 1HDT has a crack in #6. Looking for opinions. I know most of you will recommend replacing with a low mileage engine But I would prefer to save this one. Other than the machine work, I can do the rest of the build myself.

My main question is, has anyone sleeved their 1HDT after finding a crack in the cylinder and has the repair been reliable? I’m assuming this is coolant related - at the time my coolant system started pressurizing, I had only owned this cruiser for 9 months 😬 And didn’t receive much service history with it. The coolant was newer Toyota Red but had a rusty appearance to it. Sleeves from Engines Australia are not very expensive so I am open to the option.
9D9E63A1-911F-45E0-9A16-B11F06611E3F.jpeg
CE10C830-A528-4CE2-9475-6504CA9D4640.jpeg

My main question is, has anyone sleeved their 1HDT after finding a crack in the cylinder and has the repair been reliable?

The machinist who worked on my 1HZ rebuild says its no big problem. The engine cores from mining companies are often in poor shape and maybe on their 2-3rd rebuild.
The repair is as reliable as the person that does it, but it is a common repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom