Another 100 series bummer thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck Mike! I just realized that it's been a year, Feb 13th for me. Back is ok, I have good and bad days. Just glad to be walking around. Still trying to fix the truck, still fighting with the lady's insurance etc etc. It's quite the process, I hope a smoother process for your mom.

Every insurance company has negotiated discounted rates with multiple national rental car companies, most use enterprise. Their rate for something comparable will be less than 1/2 of this number, but who knows.

They refused to get a rental car for her and said that if we got one it would be reimbursed. My cousin said it won't be a problem and to go with the quote of the place closest to her house (which is enterprise). I saved quotes from a few different places for the current time and a comparable vehicle, all were in the same ballpark.

Good luck Mike! I just realized that it's been a year, Feb 13th for me. Back is ok, I have good and bad days. Just glad to be walking around. Still trying to fix the truck, still fighting with the lady's insurance etc etc. It's quite the process, I hope a smoother process for your mom.

Thanks! I bet, glad it's better than it was at least. Did you end up getting a lawyer?

Yeah, that pain was something else brother, ouch. I have permanent nerve damage in my leg too. It doesn't take much, we humans are fragile. Yes, attorney is just making sure I'm not responsible for any medical bills.

Really sorry to hear about this. How is your mom doing?
To me the truck is now a parts truck, unfortunately. Given the extensive frame damage, I wouldn't want to sink any money in to fix it or trust it for my family's safety.
I am pretty sure the insurance will treat it as a totalled vehicle too. As others have said, now if you are able to wait them out, you will have the upper hand on negotiations.

I'd say if you are up for parting it out, try to get at least $9k for it if they let you keep the truck as salvage. Otherwise, you should be able to get the full $11k for it based on recent sales.

I'd say if you are up for parting it out, try to get at least $9k for it if they let you keep the truck as salvage.
Good point - You’d likely make quite a bit with a part out, if you have time.

Or just SAS this one, too 😈
1613845193934.gif

I think I would not be in a hurry. Due to the damage to the seat and steering column, it sounds like your poor mother got knocked around pretty good. If you can't get your replacement number on the car, then you always have the option to hire or explain to the adjuster you just want your money back out of the Cruiser investment. Do not indicate your mother is uninjured. I would be vague as hell about that side of it. Be honest with the adjuster and tell them your ideal reasonable "walk away with a check" number and indicate that number makes you and momma's sore back go away. I never agree with committing fraud with an insurance company but it is only fair to be made whole by the offending driver's coverage. An extra $4k or $5k on a claim settlement is nothing in the big picture to them vs a lengthy mess with a lawsuit. I would just remind the adjuster that YOU and your Mother are the "injured party" and are only seeking to be made whole.

Clearly you can provide several true market examples of recent Land Cruiser sales on BAT and Cars and Bids to provide justification for your claim.

Any updates Mike?
No good ones, unfortunately.

Insurance did what I thought, offered 1/3 of the vehicle value. They did this verbally and will not send us any documentation of their rationale behind that number. Now, for nearly 2 weeks us and our insurance company have been calling and leaving messages repeatedly with no response. Going to open a claim with her insurance today since we cannot get anything from them.

On a side note, does anyone have a personal injury lawyer recommendation?

I thought I updated this, but I guess not...

We ended up going through my mom's insurance. Things were easier, but still not easy. After much arguing, I got her a reasonable price for the truck. I bought it back from insurance and got her a really nice 2000 LX470 from a forum member. Spent last weekend fixing its issues and removing the AHC, it goes back to her next weekend.

B3B6400B-CADC-4CB3-8DB1-94423E7B7E58.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought I updated this, but I guess not...

We ended up going through my mom's insurance. Things were easier, but still not easy. After much arguing, I got her a reasonable for the truck. I bought it back from insurance and got her a really nice 2000 LX470 from a forum member. Spent last weekend fixing its issues and removing the AHC, it goes back to her next weekend.

View attachment 2672973
Want to sell her wrecked one? Or maybe donate the power train to an 3fe powered 80 in need?

tenor.gif

nah, I already straightened the frame and spent a pile of money on wheels, tires, an icon kit, exhaust, bumpers and a locked rear 3rd. Its about half together already. Did you get those torch bottles swapped?

nah, I already straightened the frame and spent a pile of money on wheels, tires, an icon kit, exhaust, bumpers and a locked rear 3rd. Its about half together already. Did you get those torch bottles swapped?
Haha I didn't think so but no harm in asking. I haven't had a chance to even try. My weekends have been crazy lately. Vern lewis all close before I get off work and most of the shops are closed on weekends except the ones that aren't close. I'm not super worried about it. I'll eventually get it handled

No good ones, unfortunately.

Insurance did what I thought, offered 1/3 of the vehicle value. They did this verbally and will not send us any documentation of their rationale behind that number. Now, for nearly 2 weeks us and our insurance company have been calling and leaving messages repeatedly with no response. Going to open a claim with her insurance today since we cannot get anything from them.

On a side note, does anyone have a personal injury lawyer recommendation?
Good! If you can't get the truck replaced at a reasonable amount then sue the hell out of them for a stiff neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom