Events/Trails Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 22-25 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

70 Series Meet and Greet Photos
some odd 2,000 or so photos, if you went wheeling with me on either days there should be at least a couple of good pics of your rig. Went a bit trigger-happy this year without having a cruiser to drive myself so have fun digging through them all haha. Let me know if there are any issues with the link or photos.

As for the same as last year please share the link to anyone who went that isn't on mud that often so they can have the pics as well. Would also just like to thank Charles and Sam for keeping this event going over the years, highlight of my month for sure, and will be next year as well. Heres a few pictures I liked
You slipped up and posted a few of a stock taco … the purists may oust you 🤣

They'll be too outraged by that white GX to get upset about your Taco :)

Thanks again for the great spotting... we had a blast.
Sorry you missed Saturday. It had a couple of spots where you would have liked a spot but the rest was much more GX friendly

Sorry you missed Saturday. It had a couple of spots where you would have liked a spot but the rest was much more GX friendly
All good... we had a great time and will be better equipped next year. Hate we missed Saturday too, but it worked out fine.

Before this thread is relegated to the back 40, on behalf of Sam, Peter and myself, I would like to think everyone who attended this years event especially those that traveled great distances to do so.
The event continues to grow and the number of 70 Series present increases each year. 😊
*** Photo from the first event. 😁
E682CFD9-8929-49C0-8F3D-5E49F8C3C901.jpeg

I have been thinking about trading my kzj78 for an fj40 or fj55 but if I still have it next year I am totally going to bring mine to this! Seems awesome! Wish my work schedule would have allowed me to go this year. The life of a teacher...

Love seeing all these pictures from the event though!

I have been thinking about trading my kzj78 for an fj40 or fj55 but if I still have it next year I am totally going to bring mine to this! Seems awesome! Wish my work schedule would have allowed me to go this year. The life of a teacher...

Love seeing all these pictures from the event though!
To be clear, although we would prefer that you bring a 70 Series, all Land Cruisers are welcome. 😊

FORMAT CHANGE FOR 2023……..

In the 7 years that Peter Brown, Sam Houston and I have been organizing the 70 Series Meet and Greet we’ve never charged to attend the event or had a formal registration process (we may be the only annual event that doesn’t) but with ever increasing cost our format will need to change for 2023 and beyond. This format change isn’t an effort to make money but we can no longer depend on a few donors, including the organizers which covered the majority of cost for this years event. All proceeds beyond what is required to host the event will be donated to a charity.
Our goal is to at least break even on the meal cost and have the ability to purchase event insurance from the TLCA.
For 2023 we’ve already had a couple of 70 Series owners in the local Oak Ridge area offer to host the group on Friday night. In this case, some of the monies collected would go to at least cover their cost.
We will have a formal registration period next year (probably 2 months prior) along with ticket sales in the $45.00- $50.00 range per person. Hopefully this amount will allow us to better cover cost and still leave some proceeds for our chosen charity. The annual window decal design will also be included with your ticket purchase.
THANKS

Last edited:
FORMAT CHANGE FOR 2023……..

In the 7 years that Peter Brown, Sam Houston and I have been organizing the 70 Series Meet and Greet we’ve never charged to attend the event or had a formal registration process (we may be the only annual event that doesn’t) but with ever increasing cost our format will need to change for 2023 and beyond. This format change isn’t an effort to make money but we can no longer depend on a few donors, including the organizers which covered the majority of cost for this years event. All proceeds beyond what is required to host the event will be donated to “4Wheeling For A Cure / St. Jude’s”.
Our goal is to at least break even on the meal cost and have the ability to purchase event insurance from the TLCA.
For 2023 we’ve already had a couple of 70 Series owners in the local Oak Ridge area offer to host the group on Friday night. In this case, some of the monies collected would go to at least cover their cost.
We will have a formal registration period next year (probably 2 months prior) along with ticket sales in the $45.00- $50.00 range per person. Hopefully this amount will allow us to better cover cost and still leave some proceeds for our chosen charity. The annual window decal design will also be included with your ticket purchase.
THANKS

With the fee change, is it possible to step up to being a sanctioned event (covered by TLCA insurance rider)? Also increase the length (such Wednesday-Saturday) where those traveling significant distances might consider it more substantial and worthy of the drive?

With the fee change, is it possible to step up to being a sanctioned event (covered by TLCA insurance rider)? Also increase the length (such Wednesday-Saturday) where those traveling significant distances might consider it more substantial and worthy of the drive?
Yes and Yes…. 😊
We will definitely be a TLCA sanctioned event next year and extending the length of the event is being considered.

If we have a sponsor (or sponsors) step forward the cost of registration could possibly be reduced or eliminated all together. 😊

I’m finally getting around to writing an article for “Toyota Trails” and will most likely include photos from last Fall’s Meet & Greet. If for some reason you don’t won’t photos of your 70 Series used please let me know.
Thanks

We’ll start a new thread in late June for this year’s 70 Series Meet & Greet but for those of you that are into long range planning this years dates are 9/21-24/2023.
9833CD07-6159-405B-ACCD-20468A4E3B8A.jpeg

JUST A HEADS UP……..
This year’s gathering will be a TLCA sanctioned event (a first for us) and ALL drivers will need to be a TLCA member.

JUST A HEADS UP……..
This year’s gathering will be a TLCA sanctioned event (a first for us) and ALL drivers will need to be a TLCA member.

Why do they have to be TCLA members? Just because the event is TCLA sanctioned? Never been to a TLCA sanctioned event to be honest.

Last edited:
Why do they have to be TCLA members? Just because the event is TCLA sanctioned? Just asking is all….
I’m new to this so some of my answers may be totally wrong. 😁
Premise #1 … The event has grown to the point where we thought it was prudent to have liability insurance.
The TLCA offers such insurance (not free) and the price varies depending on if your event is “sanctioned” or if it’s an “open event”.
We chose “sanctioned” for a couple of reasons. We wanted to support the TLCA and the insurance is less expensive than that of an open event. (I believe TLCA membership is in the $35.00 range and in my opinion their magazine alone is worth that amount). ***** Only the drivers will be required to be members*****

Ok that makes sense. I appreciate the explanation. I guess in some areas the TLCA membership is strong too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom