Annual "Pics from Turkey" Thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
...and a few from the road....two more days here with family then back to work on many fronts.

Hope everyone is well....

-onur
Istanbul, Turkey
P1190007.jpg
P1190019.jpg
P1200022.jpg

Onur, you tease. Just the backside of a Hilux? More please.

Onur, you tease. Just the backside of a Hilux? More please.

It's really just your run of the mill Hilux: 4 cylinder diesel engine, IFS, full-floater rear, spring under, small tires, 4x2 model. Nothing really special about it.

Interestingly, the 4x4 models are spring over with semi-floater....kinda odd.....

In other words it's a real pickup.

Annual "Pics from Turkey" Thread....

We don't need to see pictures of you. We know what you look like. Last year we got a few pics with women. The scenery pics are nice though. Do they still have women in Turkey?

-Mike-

Onur - nice pics. I like the 60 - maybe it's a police version with the siren and lights?

I am kind of surprised that they will let you back in the country without a moustache though. :hillbilly:

The pictures of the waterfront are beautiful - I'd like to go visit sometime.

Evan

We don't need to see pictures of you. We know what you look like. Last year we got a few pics with women. The scenery pics are nice though. Do they still have women in Turkey?

-Mike-

You dog! Of course I should shut up. Most of our clients that I deal with are women, I only like to look at. I got asked "why are all of my trees are dying" and I questioned "what do you mean?" She said the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. It was late November. She may have dumb as a door knob, but was a real cutie, so I bit my toungue and just smiled.

Onur- I'd like to go visit sometime.

Evan

He goes every year. Wouldn't you have a guide? :hmm:

Nice pics Onur. does look like some place to visit.

I got asked "why are all of my trees are dying" and I questioned "what do you mean?" She said the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. It was late November.

Surprising, this is a common question I get every fall. Mostly Florida and Kalifornia transplants. In Kalifornia I had a desert willow in the front yard. One winter a neighbor came by and protested. Wanted to know when I was going to cut down my dead tree. I didn't know her, so I, um, used some colorful language while explaining where she could take her dumb a**.

You dog! Of course I should shut up. Most of our clients that I deal with are women, I only like to look at. I got asked "why are all of my trees are dying" and I questioned "what do you mean?" She said the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. It was late November. She may have dumb as a door knob, but was a real cutie, so I bit my toungue and just smiled.

New Nick for you. Ramblin' Rudy. :D

-Mike-

Surprising, this is a common question I get every fall. Mostly Florida and Kalifornia transplants. In Kalifornia I had a desert willow in the front yard. One winter a neighbor came by and protested. Wanted to know when I was going to cut down my dead tree. I didn't know her, so I, um, used some colorful language while explaining where she could take her dumb a**.

Unfortunately, I can't say that when we expect to recieve a check from them.

New Nick for you. Ramblin' Rudy. :D

-Mike-

Thanks Mike,

We both signed up on mud at the same month and year. Why do you have over 10,000 more posts than me. :flipoff2: Like I said, say whatever you want about me, just get my name right. At least you didn't call me Rory (No offense Rory). It just take some good folks to know that can bring me out of my shell.

This is still all in good humor for us right? I went off-roading with a guy and he thought some mud (HDC) members were a$$'s cuz of the joking side we all do. I explained that to him and all the sh!t we give each other. You can't hurt my feelings, but just to make sure I don't hurt anyone else's.

Last edited:
I went off-roading with a guy and he thought some mud (HDC) members were a$$'s cuz of the joking side we all do.

that's not the first time we've heard this. where are all these HDC A-Holes everyone seems to meet? i haven't met one yet...oh crap, that means it's me doesn't it.:flipoff2:

that's not the first time we've heard this.

It was last winter or the one before where some of the HDC guys were in the Cedro Peak area and met up with a couple of Toyota trucks. As I recall, our guys were friendly and heard the same thing from those guys... "HDC guys are jerks."

Our guys chatted a while and left on a friendly note, then the other guys couldn't get their truck started and said our guys just ignored their calls for help and drove off from them.... and so now *they* were also jerks. :rolleyes: Sometimes ya just can't please everybody.

-Mike-

try spending some time at a fire station. these HDC guys are the nicest ones i know! the joking gets really rough at work...:flipoff2:

OK, back to your regularly scheduled "Turkey" thread. :D

that's not the first time we've heard this. where are all these HDC A-Holes everyone seems to meet? i haven't met one yet...oh crap, that means it's me doesn't it.:flipoff2:

Don't know about the previous one, but this time it was not you. He talked s*** about one time when i got stuck (and I was said to be someone's bitch by a HDC member) Maybe he was trying to defend me?. I guessed he didn't know all the crap we can give each other, so I stood up for the group and told him everyone was ready to help me or anyone else if needed. Funniest thing about this, he tried to follow and got his truck stuck, (had to tug him off) despite my offering a spot that he would not make it on that line, he still did not listen. I made it in the 4Runner, and he complained that he did not have lockers. Sure they are nice, but not essential in every case.

I read this:
Rudical said:
This is still all in good humor for us right? I went off-roading with a guy and he thought some mud (HDC) members were a$$'s cuz of the joking side we all do. I explained that to him and all the sh!t we give each other. You can't hurt my feelings, but just to make sure I don't hurt anyone else's.

and thought this:
try spending some time at a fire station.

so let's give it some perspective... x 56 hours/week (+ overtime).

:crybaby:'s need not apply.

where are all these HDC A-Holes everyone seems to meet? i haven't met one yet...oh ****, that means it's me doesn't it.:flipoff2:

Yes, it must be you, Shawn. :grinpimp:

So, back to Turkey. Mo info on the grey 60 w/lights & siren please.

Pretty pleese?

W/ice cream on top? ;)

So, back to Turkey. Mo info on the grey 60 w/lights & siren please.

Another classic HDC derailment. :lol:

60 series specs:

Full floater rear
Discs front and rear
Ambulance doors in rear
IIRC, 3B and H55 with split case xfer.

Real nice rig....got a few more miles since last year--IIRC, up to about 606K kms.....

If you search under my username, I had a thread just like this one last year. Lots of pics of 60 series.

Best.
-onur

I really like seeing pictures of the Mediterranean. Those old villages/towns perched up on rolling hills overlooking the water is almost like paradise. From a plant guy's perspective it also looks like they can grow anything they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom