Events/Trails Annual Ouray trip Aug 5-9, 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

received_1996964897100676.jpeg

20200806_110453.jpg
20200808_160111.jpg
Resized_Resized_20200809_130324(0).jpg

The last picture was from today on our way back to Albuquerque. We stopped at FR 423 in San Juan and Sarai drove her first trail 🤙I think riding down Black Bear Pass had something to do with it.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

Last edited:
Well I guess coming home early worked out for me. I heard a couple of pops on the trail Thursday that I thought was a CV. It wasn't a CV. My upper ball joint went kaput. Was playing around my place a little and made a sharp turn maybe going a little too fast and this happened.
MVIMG_20200809_160035.jpg

Luckily it didn't happen on the trail or the way home. I checked the wheels for play before I left and they felt good.

View attachment 2399057View attachment 2399041View attachment 2399043View attachment 2399044

The last picture was from today on our way back to Albuquerque. We stopped at FR 423 in San Juan and Sarai drove her first trail 🤙I think riding down Black Bear Pass had something to do with it.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

It was cool running with you guys last week. I got a lot of pictures of your truck on the trail.

Be careful letting Sarai drive. You may lose your copilot and have to build another rig for her.

Ash,

Thanks for hosting another great Ouray HDC event.

I know this is no small task to pull together but you did a great job. It was really nice that you picked out some easy trails for less experienced drivers and more suitable for stock trucks. You are able to strike a good balance by also offering options for those people that wanted tougher trails that required high clearance and more advanced driving skills. Nice touch!

The weather was perfect and lots of members turned out for a fun and safe event.

A big thank you Ash.

It was cool running with you guys last week. I got a lot of pictures of your truck on the trail.

Be careful letting Sarai drive. You may lose your copilot and have to build another rig for her.

Haha she has the 5th gen, and a list of mods she wants done after we build up the 4th gen some more.:p

Do you use Google drive or Dropbox for pictures? Send me a share link at aaronbraly@gmail.com! We have some that we will be posting later this week after editing.

Sorry about your suspension Virgil:censor: You're right; luckily that didn't happen on Engineer Pass!

Last edited:
Well I guess coming home early worked out for me. I heard a couple of pops on the trail Thursday that I thought was a CV. It wasn't a CV. My upper ball joint went kaput. Was playing around my place a little and made a sharp turn maybe going a little too fast and this happened.
View attachment 2399133

Luckily it didn't happen on the trail or the way home. I checked the wheels for play before I left and they felt good.
Having problems after doing something a little too fast seems to be a recurring theme. ;)

Having problems after doing something a little too fast seems to be a recurring theme. ;)

Haha yeah, but I am sure that going too fast wasn't the cause of the failure. The ball joint was worn too. The speed and 35 inch tires didn't help though.

Here are most of the pictures I took on this trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom