Annual Ouray camping trip Aug 1 - 5th, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should be in La Plata County Thursday to Sunday, running a few trails around silverton as work allows. @alia176 do you have an itinerary or trail plan in mind?
Love to catch you guys one day or another.
I'd like to run poughkeepsie gulch this year if anyone is interested... never been on it, and the monsoons may make it exceptional this year.

If I had armor I might go for poughkeepsie in the 4R and the LC doesn't have the gears for it yet...I've watched some sidexsides beat the sh!t out of themselves in the rain on the wall.:popcorn: Guessing Ash wont leave the V8 at home and he's in the same position as me in his 4R...

What time is the caravan meeting at the north portal?

Well folks, looks like I have to cancel Ouray this year.

I've watched some sidexsides beat the sh!t out of themselves in the rain on the wall.:popcorn:

I'm hoping to get up there earlier in the day before the rain. If not, I'm not too proud to winch myself

I'm hoping to get up there earlier in the day before the rain. If not, I'm not too proud to winch myself
Hey Grant,
I will try to remember to bring the tees and hoodies with me. Perhaps I can hand them back to you if you have room and we connect while in CO area.

Cheers!

Well folks, looks like I have to cancel Ouray this year.
bummer buddy.

So site 5 is in my name according to Jill, if noone else wants it I'm inclined to cancel it NLT this weekend...

Site 10 is reserved for Wednesday and Thursday, but I will not need it until Friday.

I will be canceling the reservation for those two days on 07/27, get them while you can.

bummer buddy.

So site 5 is in my name according to Jill, if noone else wants it I'm inclined to cancel it NLT this weekend...

going to call and cancel today if no takers... going twice.

going to call and cancel today if no takers... going twice.

John,

I might have a non HDC family who is interested. She needs until Sat to firm up her plans if you can wait that long. thanks.

The one way section on 550, a few miles south of the Switzerland of America lookout, remains an obstacle. One should add 20 minutes for each cycle plus traffic to get through. Otherwise, no fires observed, typical daily precipitation with the occasional enormous view.
A couple weeks ago at HIH8, I encountered that spot several times. My wait time ranged from 2-10 minutes.

Canceling spot 10 for Wednesday and Thursday, any last minute takers?

Hi All,
I had to cancel my campground reservation today for Hillside No. 4. My wife's great uncle is dying and we are in Espanola with family. Hope you all have a great time.
Ken

Who’s leaving Wednesday am? I’d like to leave pretty early 7-8ish and possibly get a short hike in once camp is set...

Who’s leaving Wednesday am? I’d like to leave pretty early 7-8ish and possibly get a short hike in once camp is set...

I'll be leaving one dream and entering another about that time. Probably heading up from Navajo Lake around noon. See you around dinner time at the 4J +1 +1 +2 +3 campground.

Hillside Site # and name (Hollywood hills)

1 - Open
2 - Vince Garcia
3 - Juan, Trinity
4 - Open
5 - Open
6 - not avail
7 - not avail
8 - Ali
9 - Kumar and friend
10- Not avail
11 - Matt Barela (can't arrive until 8/2)
12 - Open to HDC member 7/27/18
13 - Open
14 - Steve L.
15 - (Leon & Marcia Duggar cancelled this on 7/31, now in back-in 32' slot but don't know which #)

Pull through sites (Beverly hills)

8 - Poupon (leaving on 8/3)

Ran black bear yesterday then returned to 550 via Ophir . It was a dry day . The white GX popped a rear air bag that took two hours to reseat .

20180802_124914.jpg

20180802_141940.jpg

20180802_105810.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom