Annual North Baldy run ....August 13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jstncse

Crawling over something
Threads
All I am embarking on our annual North Baldy run Saturday 13th. This is the only trail ride I regularly go on that everybody in this club, Hundy to 4Runner, can handle. Its an old mining road that is a little sketchy, not maintained like the CO roads, that is right here in our back yard. Water Canyon Campground is at the begining of the trail and offers some great camping for those that are interested.

Plan will be to meet up at Walmart in Socorro about 8:00 Saturday morning and cruise from there. We can meet up with those that are camping around 9:00 and head up the mountain. If everything goes well we will eat lunch at the top of the mountain and be back in Socorro by 2 or 3. From there I most likely will head over to Gordy's for some more wheeling.

Let me know if your interested

I think I can. Might be interested in some gordys if weather cooperates... Crawler don't like 100 degrees

I'd like to come along.

Everybody is welcome to come along, as we get closer to go time I will firm up times

Dang, I'm out of pocket this weekend. Have fun!

We are meeting at the Walmart in Socorro at 9:00 Saturday morning. We should be at the campground by 9:45 for those that are camping and meeting us.

Hoping to make it but I'm in the middle of adding a rear sway bar and replacing the brake lines. I'll see if I can get it buttoned up on Thursday and Friday...

I'll be there. I'm driving a 97 4Runner previously enjoyed by Lurch, so it might look awfully familiar to some of you.

Chris
KE5YYC

Thinking about it... curious about difficulty. Any official trail names/other info. Likely be on a Yamaha TW200.

Lurch has run it in the past. there is a 1/4 mile rocky section that would have been painful a few years ago but last year it was compacted.

Lurch has run it in the past. there is a 1/4 mile rocky section that would have been painful a few years ago but last year it was compacted.

LOL... That's why I am ask YOU guys, Lurch always gets me into trouble. I may follow and if it gets to much for my tenderness head to south baldy road which seems simple and interesting.

I'll be there. I'm driving a 97 4Runner previously enjoyed by Lurch, so it might look awfully familiar to some of you.

Chris
KE5YYC

I know some of you guys have met Chris (aka Chompers) before. He's my brother-in-law and he drove "Blue Thunder" for a few years, a stock 1986 IFS mini-truck. He took it through the Tank Trap trail a while back - some of you may remember that trip - I know Chris does!

Confirming 0900 Socorro Walmart? Is 146.460 2m still comms? I'll be on that or simplex 146.52 . See you all there:)

won't know till tomorrow AM if I'll catch you guys in Socorro or at the camp ground.
I'll be in a green and gold suburban with the OD green 4Runner in tow
I have no ham

I'll take my HT with me but I'm not proficient in its use
KF5ZVZ
CB Channel TBD
My number 227-1535 call or text if your running late.

See you all in the morning

Don't use 146.460, some guy down south is using as a simplex repeater. Use 146.400 and you'll be safe.

Incidentally, 146.400 can be labeled as HDC_2 in your radios.

Well I didn't get everything back together so won't be going tomorrow Soon I should be be able to make it on a ride...sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom