Annual Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

packman73

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.kumandgo.com
Our Annual Meeting is coming up. This is the meeting in which we elect officers for the upcoming year, make any changes we need to make to our bylaws, and decide on other club related items. So, I'd like to schedule the meeting for Saturday, October 27th preferably in the afternoon. I hope this is far enough lead time for everyone to make arrangements to be there. If anyone has suggestions as to where we should meet or would like to host the meeting, please let us know. I'm going to post this out on our IH8MUD forum as well, link here
https://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Also, if you have topics that you would like to bring to the table at the meeting, please submit them to me as well.

We are in need of an interim Secretary, so if anyone is willing to take that role on for the Annual Meeting, please let me know.

Thanks for everyones participation in the last year and I look forward to another great year.

-Art

Art, are most members DSM locals, or what does our state wide spread look like?

If most folks are DSM'ers it only makes sense to have it near DSM.

Art, are most members DSM locals, or what does our state wide spread look like?

If most folks are DSM'ers it only makes sense to have it near DSM.

Of all the people that have paid memberships, most are from the Des Moines area. I agree with you on having it near Des Moines, but on the same token, I'd like to see it near one of our non-DSM members. Larry has offered up his place for the meeting, which is in Urbandale.

Change in plans...

Which date works better for everyone? Please respond with a vote. More than likely this will be in the Des Moines area.

Sunday September 30th

Sunday October 6th

Saturday November 3rd

Thanks!

I can never really plan more than two weeks in advance because of work, but I will try to make which ever date is most popular.

well since my work has me working weird dates i have the 13th 14th 20th 28th open in Oct. and nov. 3 is open for me too. would like to attend, but work tends to get in the way!

Also, and I forgot to mention this below...

Please feel free to make nominations for officers here as well. President, Treasurer and Secretary are our 3 offices at this point.
I'm planning on running again for President (but I still need to be nominated), I'm assuming Casey is going to run again as Treasurer and the Secretary office is currently open.

If someone is nominated, we do need a second as well.

Right now, we are also looking for someone that would be willing to represent the chapter on the TLCA Board of Directors. This person would be responsible for dialing into a conference call once a month. It's pretty simple, and only takes an hour of your time a month, if you are interested, please throw your name out there. It's not an elected position but is needed.

New business, if you have anything that you want discussed at the next meeting, please post up your motion/NB as well.

Thanks ALL!

Agenda:

1) Officer Elections
2) Tall Corn Cruiser Classic 07 report
3) Events for 08'

Change in plans...

Which date works better for everyone? Please respond with a vote. More than likely this will be in the Des Moines area.

Sunday September 30th

Sunday October 6th

Saturday November 3rd

Thanks!
Do you mean Sunday Oct. 7th? That or Nov. 3rd are good for Me.

I am going to be gone for most of these dates, I think, so I don't have a preference. Still making plans to go out of state on two different locations. IE, I don't have a preference but will cooperate on whichever date is picked if possible.
Larry

Well- boy howdy.

I'll second ya Mr. Art.

I always thought I had nice legs.....!! Seriously. What does the sec do? Would I need to be at all meetings? ('cause I can't guarantee that)

Thanks for the second. :grinpimp: It would be my pleasure to serve as president for another year for this fine group of folks.

As to the duties of the Secretary...the biggest thing is making sure the Chapter in Good Standing form is sent in every year, in our case this will be the end of January(our official entry month into the TLCA). What the CGS is, is a form that lists all our current members, and their TLCA numbers. Secondary duties include taking notes at chapter meetings... if you wanted to write a chapter report for Toyota Trails, you could if time allowed, otherwise I can maintain that role for the time being.

Which on another note, I'd like to see us shave our meetings down to a minimum of 4 per year, it's tough getting everyone together on a monthly or bi-monthly basis with our spread out group. I'd also be up for dial-up meetings if we can find a cheap source for doing that, or even mix meetings into wrenching events, etc.

I guess I'll turn that into a motion: I move that we have 4 chapter meetings per year, with our Annual meeting being in October.

Do I hear a second?

I move that our official uniform include a feathery boa and a cape.

If there were only 4 meetings I guess it would theoretically make it more possiable for me to attend. Especially if they were planned for months in advance. IE: 2nd saturday of every third month.... or something like that. So I second the motion based on the advanced planning aspect.

Oh, and where are we meeting next time, any new ideas yet? I really only go to des moines to go shopping, so all I know is the malls, costco, etc. We could meet at Barnes and Noble in WDM and sip coffee...

Or across the parking lot is Rock Bottom Brewery..... I guess it depends on the size of the gathering.

I move that our official uniform include a feathery boa and a cape.

If there were only 4 meetings I guess it would theoretically make it more possiable for me to attend. Especially if they were planned for months in advance. IE: 2nd saturday of every third month.... or something like that. So I second the motion based on the advanced planning aspect.

Does that mean a yes to accepting the secretary nomination as well? :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom