Annual Breakfast in the Bush - Saturday Nov 3rd (2 Viewers)

Attendance Poll for Cowboy Breakfast

• Yes - I will be attending

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Maybe - not sure if I can attend

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No -- I will not be attending

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jeff - thanks for offering to lead the group - I will plan to be there at the Lowe's as well and follow on out to the fire pit with you guys and gals. I look forward to meeting some of the new folks. Thanks! Evan

I'm going to try to stop by Saturday morning. Lost my phone while deer hunting a couple of weeks ago. Finally gave up looking last night. Going to get a new one today or tomorrow. I need it to find my way anymore. How hard is it to find where you will be? Am I better off just meeting at Lowe's and joining the caravan?

I will hang at Lowe's until everybody shows up. Not in a rush. We can save some cold bacon for Ali. ;) :rimshot:.
I took the coordinates and pasted them to Google maps. That showed it is not far off the mesa top. We will get to dirt and air down out on Northern, then go to breakfast. I can air up anybody who needs that, later in the day.

I will hang at Lowe's until everybody shows up. Not in a rush. We can save some cold bacon for Ali. ;) :rimshot:.
I took the coordinates and pasted them to Google maps. That showed it is not far off the mesa top. We will get to dirt and air down out on Northern, then go to breakfast. I can air up anybody who needs that, later in the day.

Sweet! I’ll definitely need the air up assist. Thank you!

Bring a chair, if you need one.

I will be bringing my wife and two toddlers. Is it cool if I invite a buddy?

Right when you hit dirt on Northern, there's a large pull off area next to a water tank. That's a good place for air down/up. FYI.

7:20 on a sat? What're you guys, on crack or something? Seeesh....y'all ain't right. :lol: I was thinking more along the lines of 8:30ish meetup time at Lowe's but I live in Tijeras, so it's a haul for me. I'll show up half past Bacon thirty :idea:
Guys, I had a "start" time of 0800. However, I do think that is a bit early. So I have changed the "official" start time to 0900. Of course, we are happy to have anybody show up whenever they are able. So come early or late - it don't matter.

I will change the meet up at Lowe's to 8:30 and then we can drive out there when everybody is ready. This way we all get warm bacon. I am getting hungry , already!! We will air down on Northern where Ali mentioned. Weather looks good.

I will change the meet up at Lowe's to 8:30 and then we can drive out there when everybody is ready. This way we all get warm bacon. I am getting hungry , already!! We will air down on Northern where Ali mentioned. Weather looks good.

Jeff - thanks for leading the charge. I will plan to meet you at the Lowe's a little before 8:30, and will plan on some wheeling afterwards. Should be fun!

Have fun everyone! I'm able to attend.

Vince

Headed to Rio Rancho now

That was a lot of fun, thanks to everyone that hosted and cooked!

Joseph

B5AF4EC3-B19E-4BA1-81A1-D30E069EC74C.jpeg

535833DF-9477-4598-87D3-A39F9FDFA208.jpeg

4C76E924-A96F-48F6-8DF4-4CF9F19EE9C2.jpeg

6AB32D23-D954-4D5A-8F42-32AF86A97F49.jpeg

A39543C8-698B-47AC-A2B3-21C87F9F2665.jpeg

A830549A-AD63-4604-9B3C-E1AB7E583F46.jpeg
60A2B7C0-86A8-4C1E-8C04-730F04432910.jpeg
2285840E-29CF-4EE0-9E9D-8AAF367A23C0.jpeg
9F5639BE-A08F-4BE8-8353-44324027A775.jpeg
8E25D31D-0438-4485-B304-F165ADBFC8C6.jpeg
Thank you Frank and Larry for hosting, everything was delicious! Thank you also to Ali, Evan and all the other guys for helping me along the trail, I really appreciate your guidance and patience.

I’m looking forward to more outings in the future!

Had a wonderful time today. Great food. I met a lot of nice folks. What a great idea to have a breakfast out there in the bush.
Ideal views . After breakfast and some visiting , 5 of us , Grant, Evan, Juan, Mat and me , Jeff , went on out into the sandy trails and made a big loop, arriving back at Southern about 4 pm. I think I had the only mechanical.. Broke my PS sway bar spacer brace. We did a lot of full flexing along the trail, and on the way back, I kept hearing a bang sometimes from the front right axle area. Climbing underneath , we saw the broken part just hanging there. Grant had some bailing wire, and we wired it up out of the way. No more noise and really did not affect driving. I will replace both spacers with better Slee Off Road spacers. I was happy that if we were going to have breakage, it did not hamper our progress. Mat led us on a nice loop. Sandy hill climbs were a challenge. Skinny pedal, and more skinny pedal.:steer: This was the first time I had really pushed my 80 . It is a great rig. Open diffs, make me pick where the tires can work for traction. Great place to wheel. Let's do that some more. Thanks again to Larry and Frank for organizing this. Great club.

Jeff, you are a talented operator!

Great turn out everybody!

Special thanks to Frank who among other things, split all the fire wood, cleaned the area and prepped some very yummy green chili stew.

Other than the high winds, the conditions were perfect. My unofficial count - we had 14 trucks for breakfast. We also had very generous donations including $110 that goes straight to the club coffers (Pappy - look for the paypal hit) and some sweet shine! I will bring the moonshine to the club's Xmas party, so all can try a taste.

I will post up some pix once I get a phone patch cord that works. Thanks again everybody for making a great event!

Great turn out everybody!

Special thanks to Frank who among other things, split all the fire wood, cleaned the area and prepped some very yummy green chili stew.

Other than the high winds, the conditions were perfect. My unofficial count - we had 14 trucks for breakfast. We also had very generous donations including $110 that goes straight to the club coffers (Pappy - look for the paypal hit) and some sweet shine! I will bring the moonshine to the club's Xmas party, so all can try a taste.

I will post up some pix once I get a phone patch cord that works. Thanks again everybody for making a great event!

Speaking of xmas party, I mentioned to @RunnerGurl505 if she'd like to host our annual HDC xmas party and she said she'd consider it. Just a FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom