annoying things after 7mos and 3500miles on my 21HE (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 2014 but would add a few things I find annoying as well:

1. Why do the cupholders suck? Do they have a special meeting every time they do a LC redesign where somebody says "don't forget, the cupholders have to suck. It's a Land Cruiser requirement!"

2. The wooden steering wheel is dumb. Would be much, much better with just a leather (or even rubberized) steering wheel.

3. The top compartment of the armrest/refrigerator is absurd. What are you supposed to keep there? A hanky?
1. The BH3D cupholder insert fixes this; but agreed, the OEM cupholders are inadequate. I think this relates to the previous comments about 200 being a globally marketed vehicle. Other countries seem to care less about the cupholders.

2. I believe Wheelskins offers a model-specific leather steering wheel cover for the 200. Or at least they did when I last checked.

3. I keep my wallet and keys in there when driving. Seems to work.

I hate that when a passenger in the back changes the temperature, when I get back in to drive alone; I have to go 3 sub-menus deep to regain control of all the temps.

First world problems. You’re driving a truck designed for pretty much every country on the planet except the USA. It‘s a SUV icon with many quirks.

Yes, this exactly. This is a great thing to remember to keep things in perspective. There are many more pros than cons with the 200 - and most of the cons are really not that important (at least to me).

I work with guys that drive new, and relatively new, full-size SUVs (domestic and foreign) and Jeeps that would be considered competitors to the 200. They're all great looking vehicles, have more tech (Carplay) and other creature comforts / designs that are en vogue at the moment. However, its very common to hear office chatter about their relatively new SUVs and trucks being in the shop for repairs (sometimes multiple times for the same issue).

These other vehicles also age like milk. Build and component quality matters.

3. The top compartment of the armrest/refrigerator is absurd. What are you supposed to keep there? A hanky?

LOL. I keep multiple RFID cards in there along with a few pens, a rear view mirror parking hangar and even some napkins. It's an odd afterthought of a design but I've found uses for it.

LOL. I keep multiple RFID cards in there along with a few pens, a rear view mirror parking hangar and even some napkins. It's an odd afterthought of a design but I've found uses for it.
Funny - i love that little compartment. Perfect size to hold a keyring of keys for the offroad trailer, a ring for the various rack lock keys, a large folding rescue knife, a lighter, and a couple of pens. Perfect.

I think the difference in pedal feel between the Tundra and LC200 is due to the intended use. The Tundra was designed as a work truck and commuter car that can tow. The LC200 was designed to drive on nasty roads / non roads worldwide. Having a ‘lively’ pedal response on corrugated / broken / uneven or offroad is not only annoying but potentially dangerous. Having driven such cars on these bad roads really highlights the design decisions.
Absolutely. The ability to adjust it on the fly for the type of driving is a nice feature. One button by my left knee and I am back to stock.

I also hate the air conditioner. I would do anything for an air conditioner with dials where you could just set the temperature and the wind speed.

I finally learned that hitting the auto button somewhat solves the problem. I hate the AC not having a physical fan button too, though.

I finally learned that hitting the auto button somewhat solves the problem. I hate the AC not having a physical fan button too, though.
Dang. I wish I knew that before ordering LX :(

J/K. But thats going to be entertaining with my wife. She always wants to push those buttons, "Auto" never good for her :)

I keep pens in there. I really like it when I accidentally open it instead of the lower compartment and pens go flying everywhere.
I keep a checkbook and pens in the overhead sunglasses holder. The shape and liner keep them from rolling/making noise, and it is too small for most sunglasses anyway.

I keep my wallet, airpods, spare cash, key ring etc in the top console and it is adequate for that.

Compact CZ's and similar fit well in top console section on HE's when on long road trips. But don't leave them unattended when you are away from the vehicle.

I also hate the air conditioner. I would do anything for an air conditioner with dials where you could just set the temperature and the wind speed.

One of the reasons why I bought a stripped down truck this last go around. It was a major complaint after the LC and the last two Lexus SUV's, everyone needs a fan speed knob/button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom