Angle Grinder — How To Change Tool?

tlaporte

SILVER Star

I always seem to come to Mud for the questions that I know are probably dumb ones or the ones to which the answers are probably obvious to anyone whose spent any time in a garage. But I have learned that the dumbest questions are the ones left unasked.

I bought an air compressor and then I bought some air tools (all second hand). Now I have an angle grinder and I’d like to get to grinding. But I can’t figure out how to change the tool/attachment on the business end.
5ED4E000-B61E-469B-800E-4D8E4C3051C8.jpeg
7717FBBF-9B48-4492-8D40-EE7B5F3AEE90.jpeg

This Roloc wheel is what I want to attach to the grinder.

154375EA-2A3C-489E-A9C6-2FF7A33878F7.jpeg

I’m assuming the flat spots on the head are key, but there is nothing that holds it in place to keep it from spinning if I were to try to wrench it loose.

What do I do here?!?

tlaporte

SILVER Star

Got it! Sadly, no wrenches came with it since I got it second hand. I guess that’s the danger of eBay!

Thanks, @RockDoc.

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star

You typically need the sheet metal wrench for the inner one - since it's so narrow. But both are typically standard sizes. So you can use a regular wrench for the outer one and grind one thinner for the inner one - I typically pick up some cheapo wrenches from Horrible Fright for such modifications.

You typically need the sheet metal wrench for the inner one - since it's so narrow. But both are typically standard sizes. So you can use a regular wrench for the outer one and grind one thinner for the inner one - I typically pick up some cheapo wrenches from Horrible Fright for such modifications.
Sort of a chicken and egg scenario there, huh? :D

Top Bottom