Andy's SLOOOOW 2011 200 Series Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntsaint

Don't Assume I Know The Basics...
SILVER Star
Threads
Since i didn't properly document my 100 series build up, figured i would make sure i didn't repeat the same mistake with my 200.

Picked it up about 18 months ago. 2011 with 40,000 miles on the clock. 2nd owner, 1st was a local dentist here in town that i spoke to before purchasing. It literally still had the plastic covering the carpet underneath all the floor mats...

It has been a great truck since we've had it, and we've put 20k uneventful miles on it. Rides like a caddy on the highway, but I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea how it handles offload. It's never seen anything but pavement.

This build will be SLOW. Molasses uphill in winter slow. The wife will be driving this truck for the next 3 years or so, maybe longer, so i don't want to modify it too much.

Stock form today, just as it looked from the dealer 18 mos ago.

IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg
IMG_2604.jpg

Pulled the running boards today. Kind of hard to tell in the pics but it looks like she lost 100 lbs and picked up an inch of ground clearance. Looks way better IMO. And the wife's not too mad at me...

Also, pulling the boards on a 100 is a PITA. Lots of hard to reach stuff. 200 was 6 bolts on each side, came right out. And the mounts have retaining clips on them to you can unbolt everything without the board falling off.

Parked in the same place as above, sans running boards.

IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2607.jpg
IMG_2608.jpg

@Bomar pointed me toward some 2014 200 series OEM takeoffs on Dallas Craigslist a few months ago, and was kind enough to pick them up for me and take back to Hot Springs after I bought them.

Plan is to run these for a while while I'm getting the original 5 stock wheels powder coated black. 100% the wife's call for now. When i get it the black ones are going on there for sure.

2011 wheels
IMG_2606.jpg

2014 wheels
IMG_2614.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of getting an Icon suspension. If you decide you might want my FCPs, holla.

Andrew....I said sloowwwww!

Dang man why you have to mention that :)? If you decide to make the switch let me know. I'll probably be your huckleberry.

I love my FCPs, but I want something with more lift; I think a basic set of icons would do the trick. I do not think they will ride as nice as the ironmans though. I mean that.

Losing the running boards looks great. Slee step sliders next?

BTW by the looks i think Mardis got more lift out of his setup than Andrew. I think with the 33s and all the 4wd gizmo's you would be straight just about anywhere.

Yeah i hope to run it with no lift for quite a while.

Next after tires will be sliders. Probably this summer, since we are considering taking it to CO instead of the 100.

Stopped by 49 Tire this morning and Chris hooked me up with the install of the strut spacers, some BFG 275/70/18s and an alignment. Also received a quick call from Andrew on a KDSS quirk that helped things along.

Also put on the 2014 OE wheels mentioned above.

Completely changed the look of the truck...love it. Between the spacer and the tires gained a full 1.25" up front, and the truck sits level front to back.

It's quickly becoming another infatuation like the 100 has...

@wct49 @MScruiser

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg

Looks badass.

Those BFG tires are nice. How do you like the ride and road noise of them?

Once the mods start.... hard to stop that slippery slope.:hmm:

Yeah it's a reservoir. 100% height controlled. And it's way further away than it looks.

Thx man. I just picked it up again today to make a run to a clients. Really digging it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom