And So It Begins - I Just Bought My First Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

As a few of you know that saw a couple of my other threads, I've been looking to get a Land Cruiser. the input and answers from folks here to my many questions really helped me in the hunt, as I quickly learned that you gotta be ready to move fast when the right deal comes along. Last night it did. I was in the right place at the right time and decided to take the plunge.

I'm now the proud owner of a 1995 LC! Here's a quick rundown and a couple of pics:

170k miles, starts right up, idles strong and smooth, drives great (drove it 200mi home, flawless), shifts perfectly, no shakes or shimmying at speed or braking, no funny noises, suspension feels solid, brakes strong, all electronics work, AC is cold, brand new tires all around, leather seats typically cracked, but front seat isn't as bad as many I've seen, exterior paint decent (except for hood). It was a California transplant so no rust found.

I'm the third owner, the second owner has had the car for the last 15 years. It was family car so it's never been off-roaded. No maintenance receipts available, but the owner said that oil changes have been done regularly (oil looked nice and clean when I checked it), and it had a tune-up a couple of years ago with belts and hoses replaced. As mentioned, new tires. It was sold because the owner's son didn't want it and they already have a few other cars.

As of right now I'm in it for $3k, which I feel pretty good about. Of course I'll need to spend some more to get the front axle work done and other items to baseline, but even then I think I'll end up with a pretty nice, relatively low miles LC at a reasonable cost.
IMG_20150613_092117.jpg

Here's a couple of pics when I got her home.
IMG_20150613_092301.jpg

Good looking rig. Welcome to the addiction. Now ditch the running boards and roof rack and take her wheeling! :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Yes. I think you made a good find. Lockers?

Ah, I forgot to mention - no lockers. Would've been a nice bonus, but I don't really see myself needing them.

Yeah, those running boards are definitely coming off!

Ah, I forgot to mention - no lockers. Would've been a nice bonus, but I don't really see myself needing them.

23 years and I haven't needed lockers. I've thought about getting a rear locker. You can get one for about $500 and 4-5 hrs of labor. Fairly easy to do, if you decide you want to add one. I wouldn't add a front locker, personally.

Nice buy! Was this for sale on Austin, TX Craigslist? I think I saw it while it was listed.

Very nice! I bet you're glad you didn't pull the trigger on one those clunkers you were considering awhile back. :flipoff2:

she's a beauty!

welcome aboard!

:cheers:

and, the official MUD welcome is :flipoff2:

Nice buy! Was this for sale on Austin, TX Craigslist? I think I saw it while it was listed.
No, this one was up in Dallas.

Very nice! I bet you're glad you didn't pull the trigger on one those clunkers you were considering awhile back. :flipoff2:
Ha! I'm still miffed about that 1994 I was looking at out of state. That thing was a pretty good deal. But, in the end it would have cost me a grand more than a paid for this one once travel was factored in. I'm thinking that extra money thrown at this one will even things out, and I'll have over 50k less miles on the truck.

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction! What color is it? Black? Green? Can't tell on my phone.

Looks like you found a nice ride. You'll be amazed at what these trucks do without a locker.

Glad it worked out for you man. Indeed, there was a reason why the other one didn't work out for you: because there was a better one around the corner. I'm sure there'll be a few surprises along the way, things needing attention, but in the end you'll have yourself a good safe truck to drive around in. I can only wish I could find something like this in my area (rust belt) at that price.
Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom