Power Steering Gear Box 105 Series Sector Shaft/Pitman Arm Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would be ideal if redhead would just install the 105 sector when rebuilding an 80 box, so they don’t have to tear them apart again when we send a 105 shaft into them (if buying in stock units from them)! They must sell more of the boxes with the 80 sector. Am I reading that right, that they are standard 80 boxes they have in stock, not loaded with the 105 sectors?
Redhead did, in the recent past, rebuild 80 series boxes on request with a 105 sector shaft. I sent a used box sent to them, which is like paying a core charge. They rebuilt a different used box they had on the shelf and added a 105 sector shaft that I purchased from them. They ported the box as well. From what I hear though, 80 series steering boxes are getting difficult to find, so they may not have a box on the shelf currently?

Last edited:
Redhead did, in the recent past, rebuild 80 series boxes on request with a 105 sector shaft. I sent a used box sent to them, which is like paying a core charge. They rebuilt a different used box they had on the shelf and added a 105 sector shaft that I purchased from them. They ported the box as well. From what I hear though, 80 series steering boxes are getting difficult to find, so they may not have a box on the shelf currently?
I got a Redhead with 105 shaft a few weeks ago. They had at least one on the shelf when I called, and they just got my core return last week.

I’ve had a spare box sitting around for over a decade. I’m going to send it plus the 105 shaft for a full rebuild and hydro port. Then I’ll have my current one as a backup.

You have to hold onto this stuff these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom