And it begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kevin LeClaire

Ridge Runner
Threads
I got home last week and guess who was waiting for me in the garage, yup my 97 LC. I looked her over, sweet and took her for a ride peppy and strong motor. On the way to town driving about 50 to 55 mph I felt a little shimmy from the front end and the tires were loud so I told the tire guy to check the front end and put some Toyo Open Country AT ll 305-70-R16 on. The tire guy said everything was tight under there so I drove it out of the shop the first thing I noticed was quite no load tire noise and when I got her up to speed no shimmy,sweet tight front end. I put a CDL switch in and the pin 7 mod and the next thing was removing the fender flairs and running boards. I took the third row seats out the rear carpet and rear inside panels,the passenger and front seats will be coming out along with the center console,will clean up and apply some bed liner to the inside. I plan on pre-wireing for a couple 12 volt plugs usb ports and an 12v to 110v inverter in the back. Question, is it best to run the wires on the inside to the back or on the outside.

Then I will put on 850 front and 863 rear springs with nitro charger shocks so they will support the ARB front bumper with winch and a Kaymer rear bumper with two pivots. Yup I think that is a good start for now.

I brought the LC to the Toyota dealership to check it out and they recommended that a complete gasket kit was best so they are replacing all the gaskets on the engine. And so while there in there I told them to look for other things, timing chain and such. I should be getting her back Tuesday:):clap:

I will only have a short time with the LC because I have to leave and wont be back for several months :( so I think the LC is on the way to becoming a very reliably vehicle that will take me to some very nice places to camp and fish.
IMG_01422.jpg
IMG_01444.jpg
IMG_0132.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG

Nice rig, let the mods begin :)

Yay!! Another ALASKA rig!! Hopefully someday either you will make it south, or I will head north and see ya on the trails!
Plan on next summer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom