SOLD (Anchorage) 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser - $9500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/anchorage-1998-toyota-land-cruiser/7186900219.html
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
100 Series, 4.7L V8 (2UZ-FE engine)
212k miles
This is an adult-owned, professionally maintained Land Cruiser in excellent mechanical condition. Everything works like it should. It is maintained by Kendall Toyota of Anchorage.

The vehicle runs perfectly and needs nothing; includes two sets of the original toyota wheels; one with nokian studded tires and one with summer tires.

The truck is surprisingly fast and the alignment and wheel balance are perfect; it will go 100 mph comfortably on straight roads. It is ideal for camping excursions in the summer, and with the studded tires, it is unstoppable in the winter. It is full time 4-wheel drive with low range and locking center differential. The front and rear differentials do not lock.

The interior and exterior are in good condition; the windshield has a crack in it.
Underbody is clean; no rust.

Clean title. No trades.

DSCN2156.jpg

DSCN2158.jpg
DSCN2210.jpg
DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2165.jpg

Last edited:
Price Drop $9500

This LC has new shocks and a new radiator from the Toyota dealer.
The timing belt, water pump, thermostat and pulleys were placed 26k miles ago.

The catalytic converters have been replaced with the EMS Powered midpipes with high-flow cats.

Everything works like it should. The suspension is stock geometry, and OE size tires.

I'll post pictures of the underneath ASAP.
DSCN2195.jpg
DSCN2188.jpg
DSCN2182.jpg
DSCN2181.jpg
DSCN2182.jpg

Last edited:
DSCN2220.jpg
DSCN2223.jpg
DSCN2213.jpg
DSCN2209.jpg
DSCN2210.jpg

Last edited:
I added new pictures of the interior and undercarriage...

Check out the new muffler (May 2020), and the lack of rust underneath.

Rust is not a problem on this vehicle and overall it is in very good shape for a 1998 Land Cruiser.
Mechanically, it is excellent. The interior is in good shape (no major holes in the leather; heated leather seats are awesome!!).

The exterior has some minor scratches and dings, and the rear bumper cover has a minor crack in the right rear corner from where I backed into a snowbank two years ago. It could be fixed with a heat gun, but I have an extra rear bumper cover from a 2000 LC that you can have if you want to paint it and put it on.

It has the original 3rd row seats. I also have an extra set of front seats (driver and passenger) from another Land Cruiser in case you want to swap them out. The leather matches in color and they will be included with the sale.

The only accidents I am aware of are:

1) I backed into a snowbank pulling out of a parking spot at ~ 5mph. Cracked rear bumper cover. (2018).

2) A Kia Soul backed into me in the grocery store parking lot. It did not damage the Land Cruiser, but the Kia Soul had a cracked bumper cover and tail light. The Kia guy filed an insurance claim, so this might show up on the carfax even though the LC was not damaged.

3) The "My Toyota" website shows paint and bodywork in 2005, before I owned the vehicle. I am pretty sure that the mom I bought it from put it in a ditch at low speed. If you look close it looks like maybe the paint has been resprayed (probably in 2005), but it probably looks better than if it was the original paint.

Again, it has some minor dings and scratches, but overall it is in very good condition.

The heater T connections are new.
Includes original master key with remote in the YotaMD 3-D printed key case. Clone of masterkey with remote, original valet key (not remote), and a flat metal key that unlocks the doors, but will not start the truck...

I have been using this Land Cruiser as my all-season grocery-getter in Anchorage Alaska for the past 7 years, and have used it for lots of camping and cycling expeditions to the mountains of Alaska. No expense has been spared in the maintenance of this vehicle, and I would drive it anywhere with just a code reader and a spare coil pack in the glove box :)

includes the original owner's manual, jack and tool kit. Also, 2 sets of the original 16" OEM LC wheels, (both sets have been professionally powdercoated by Precision Powdercoating in Anchorage), one set with brand new (last year) Nokian Nordman 7 studded tires, and one with Firestone "Winterforce" summer tires. both in stock size.

Last edited:
SOLD locally for 8800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom