An Incredible Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That's a beautiful cruiser. Do the non-us doors imply it came from out of the country or were they available here?

All I can say is be nice to your landcruiser, it may be the last one you're going to get. if the prices get high, it will become economical to restore and sell, and then the cars move from the hobbiest to the collectors.

That guy always has nice trucks, and he buys and rebuilds them. His price will be high - probably over $30K.

The parts to make windwing late model doors are available sometimes, and complete doors show up from time to time. The Brazilian trucks have them, and so do others that went to Costa Rica and the middle east. Not THAT hard to obtain if you're ready to pay the price.

Already up over 16K and reserve still not met. I vote for 30K. Seems worth it compared to others I have seen for that price. 30K miles too. That is unusual. I didn't get what the difference was on the doors. I need to check those out again. Same color as mine so that is a stoker.

Trollhole said:
Was center console with the heater built in Stock? I like that idea. Never seen it before.

That's late model OEM, not sure if rear heat was still optional.

The front turn signal pods are non-OEM - Japanese aftermarket replacement, think I've seen them at CCOT.

Battery tray looks to be mislocated to the rear, too.

The rear floormat is not original.

Radio's missing. Since there's no antenna, there should be a factory filler plate.

Other than that, it's almost as original as mine...

Kirk

I know Stephen, he did my 45LV.

but that is not a 80, its a 81(or at least 8/80+, making it a 81), it as the 81+ steering wheel for one

also notice no side window defrost....very odd

center console with built in heater is also a 81 item I believe.

the wing windows also showed up on a few 83 fj40 in the US. You can add them to late model doors, I think 79+

the trany is an odd deal, but I find it had to beleive it was ordered that way, back then how would anyone know there was a different trany option in other markets? if its a H41 it was added at sometime(maybe bad trany? got H41 from Marv) or it was just a mistake at Toyota or was ment to go to canada but canada only got dsls in the latter years.

If an 81(and it looks it to me) it should have a split case, personaly I would rahter have the slit case then the H41 and old case.

also look at the rear axle.....the parking brake in on the rear axle not the t-case....

it has of course been repainted.

oh and the speedo is a 81+ with highlighted 55 and 999999.99 odometer

nice 40 though.

Last edited:
floor mat looks just like both of mine. I bought a new one 3 years ago.......looks just the same

battery tray is correct for a AC equiped 40...I think, lots of little stuff changed for the OEM AC, I know one of them was the tray

largenfirm said:
The front turn signal pods are non-OEM - Japanese aftermarket replacement, think I've seen them at CCOT.

Battery tray looks to be mislocated to the rear, too.

The rear floormat is not original.

Radio's missing. Since there's no antenna, there should be a factory filler plate.

Other than that, it's almost as original as mine...

Kirk

Landpimp said:
If an 81(and it looks it to me) it should have a split case...

there is a split case under there...

Radiator and frame was different on AC trucks, along with the engine mount on the passenger side, it has a provision for the compressor cast into it...

Have an '83-40(12/82) at the shop right now that has the same style center console with the heater built into it...

:beer:

I thought so....but I am not good telling cases apart.

wanna bet its a H42 trany as well?

Poser said:
there is a split case under there...

both my 82's have the same console, which is a slight green color(which is wierd) but so are both the ashtrays.

you have had the 83 in your shop for along time.....:D

Poser said:
Radiator and frame was different on AC trucks, along with the engine mount on the passenger side, it has a provision for the compressor cast into it...

Have an '83-40(12/82) at the shop right now that has the same style center console with the heater built into it...

largenfirm said:

Kirk

No, the truck has an antenna. I am sure landpimp has a factory radio to go in that nice rig.:D

Landpimp said:
you have had the 83 in your shop for along time.....:D

I am glad that it is not because of any mechanical issues....

Just installed some procar seats in it.....

Stock slides bolt to the new seats with just an 1/8" of material removed from the bolt holes on the slides....carbide and a die grinder. Pretty nice seats.

it does........but in the wrong OEM spot, I would suspect he added it, he added the same one on my 45LV....but it aint got a radio or a place for one ;)

this is correct
37972652.jpg

lingo said:
No, the truck has an antenna. I am sure landpimp has a factory radio to go in that nice rig.:D

Landpimp said:
I know Stephen, he did my 45LV.

but that is not a 80, its a 81(or at least 8/80+, making it a 81), it as the 81+ steering wheel for one

also notice no side window defrost....very odd

center console with built in heater is also a 81 item I believe.

the wing windows also showed up on a few 83 fj40 in the US. You can add them to late model doors, I think 79+

the trany is an odd deal, but I find it had to beleive it was ordered that way, back then how would anyone know there was a different trany option in other markets? if its a H41 it was added at sometime(maybe bad trany? got H41 from Marv) or it was just a mistake at Toyota or was ment to go to canada but canada only got dsls in the latter years.

If an 81(and it looks it to me) it should have a split case, personaly I would rahter have the slit case then the H41 and old case.

also look at the rear axle.....the parking brake in on the rear axle not the t-case....

it has of course been repainted.

oh and the speedo is a 81+ with highlighted 55 and 999999.99 odometer

nice 40 though.

John, why are you rambling on about an H41? He doesn't say it has one - all he said was that it has a "tougher 81 trans" , probably talking about the split case transfercase. It'd be pretty silly to put an H41 in a truck that has 3.70 gears in it's axles anyway........or, maybe not. A sorta' crawling low gear for a mall cruiser. Sometimes those loading ramps at Sears are pretty steep. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom