An Angel knocked on my door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If any of you have follwed some of my recent posts, I have had a run of bad luck as of late. My power steering gear box sprang a leak. Two weeks a go a went to recharge my AC just to have it all leak out 45 mins later. Then my alternator died. Which is not all that big deal except I have almost zero wrenching skills.

Today I decided to see how far I could get with at least getting my alternator out. After an hour of pulling on vacum hoses and trying to get belts loose, my neighbor knocks on the door. We says he droppped something over into my back yard. Sees my frustrated look on my face and asks what im doing? I tell him im trying with not much luck to pull my Alt out of my Land Cruiser. He says much to my surprise, "I worked as a Toyota Service Tech for three years.'" YES!!!!! Short story, the Alt was out in a half hour, Ran and picked one up, (had to skip on OEM for now) and an hour later the ALT was back in and truck is running. Truely a blessing!!!! Thanks for all the guys who helped with the questions.

LOL Hopefully I wo'nt need him too soon, but with my luck, Ill drive to the corner store and something else will break on my truck. Good thing I have a 3FE. Im sure I would have lost a HG by now if I had a FJZ80.

Just think, when your trials are over you will have gained valuable information and skill. Good luck and have fun!

Madd. Funny you shoud say that, That is the one thing that keeps my semi postive, is all I have learned, But there has to be a cheaper way....

Madd. Funny you shoud say that, That is the one thing that keeps my semi postive, is all I have learned, But there has to be a cheaper way....
Howdy! Spending lots of time reading all the tech junk on IH8MUD helps, but we all get to bleed a little here and there. Some of us more than others. Hang in there. John

John she is up and running again. Gona try and tackle the AC next. I'm taking the boys to to Sedona next week. But after that us week day off guys need to go out.

John she is up and running again. Gona try and tackle the AC next. I'm taking the boys to to Sedona next week. But after that us week day off guys need to go out.

AZRocks?

Just want to say hang in there amigo. It has taken me almost 3 years to undo what my rig's previous owner did to her. I have never seen SO MANY :wrench:ing short cuts in my life:bang:. All in all though, I have learned a ton about cruisers with the help of several very cool people found in this forum. :cheers:

You're on the west side aren't you? I'm at 59th & Peoria. Maybe I could lend a hand from time to time, my schedule permitting that is.

Take care,

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom