An 80 owner dream! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
look at these front seats! :eek:

MVC-020S.JPG

The seats look flawless, but the truck appears to be parked up into a tree :grinpimp:

Cleaned - with what, or recovered?

Brentbba said:
Cleaned - with what, or recovered?

saw it on ebay -- i emailed the guy the same question -- post back if i hear

"Black 1997 FZJ80 ~ 125,000 ish miles" ??????

Looking at the right bottom corner of the picture, that rig sure doesn't look black.

C6H12O6 said:
"Black 1997 FZJ80 ~ 125,000 ish miles" ??????

Looking at the right bottom corner of the picture, that rig sure doesn't look black.

** NOT MINE **

I saw on ebay. I emailed the guy to ask if he cleaned or reupholstered.

I don't know if this has been passed along yet to you all (sorry, I am new to these "80" parts), but in BMW land, a lot of us use a product called Leatherique. The stuff is amazing and refurbishes leather like no other. More info on it here.

http://www.autogeek.net/le32ozkit.html

Johnny

Those seats had to be photoshoped.... :)

I have seen them look like that after being sprayed. Not quite sure what they use, but it looks pretty good. It then wears off after a while.

Anyone here no what I am talking about?

Romer said:
I have seen them look like that after being sprayed. Not quite sure what they use, but it looks pretty good. It then wears off after a while.

Anyone here no what I am talking about?

You mean like hair in a can :flipoff2:

Romer, I know whaet you are talking about. Many dealerships have their seats redone. I'm not sure how long it lasts but it looks pretty damn good. These were my seats at 65k miles and just exposed from under the seat covers.
seat.jpg

Dealer a few miles from me has a 95 for sale and had the seats recovered. They're exact replicas of the original with the exception of well hidden zippers to accomadate easy removal. Having seen them in person I would have no objections to having the same thing done to my 80 to replace the piece of camo duck tape I have covering a small tear.

Mom just bought me a set of Great Cover front seat covers for my rig as a birthday gift. My seats look like hell right now. Thanks mom, love ya! :princess:

I was just noticing the 2 seats in this post. In my 94, the stiching is like the very first picture with those thin strips inbetween each larger patch. But I can also see the steering wheel with airbag, so thats in a 95 or newer. The 2nd picture is a Lexus, and the seat stitching is different. A few questions now:
1) Did any 95+ LC's have the seats sticthed more like the picture of the Lexus? and if so what year did this occur?
2) Do the Lexus style stitched seats tend to come unstitched in the seat area, like it did in my 94LC ? (Around that thin strip of leather)

Curious, are the NON Leather 80 seats also power?

I would LOVE to trade my grey leather for some nice cloths if they are power!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom