AN 37 degree angle flare fitting or AN compression fitting for Sniper fuel line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Calling on the Oracle(s) of MUD.

Checking in for opinion(s) / help determining the use of a AN 37 degree angle flare fittings or a AN compression fittings for use on my Holley Sniper install.

Plan A - Using all hard lines
Plan B - Using other than hard lines
Plan C - Using combo A + B = C

What are you using and why.

Plan C cause why not lol.

The only places I used soft line were from tank to pre filter and between frame and engine. It takes more time but will last longer Earls sells -6an nipples for the soft line.

I have some hard lines for “frame” to Engine. Are you using compression or the 37 flare from pre/pump/regulator.
I think you are using a Holley regulator. If not disregard. I’m easily confused before my third cup of dark roast.

Yes, use the 37 degree flaring tool for the AN fittings. I bought mine from Home Depot. Also, I used soft lines from the tank to engine block, and hard lines on to the Sniper.

IMG_6793.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

Note, if you haven't done it, practice making the flares before you start.

I have some hard lines for “frame” to Engine. Are you using compression or the 37 flare from pre/pump/regulator.
I think you are using a Holley regulator. If not disregard. I’m easily confused before my third cup of dark roast.
All of my hardlines are 37* flare. I used the nipples rather than compression fittings.

If you get some seeping at the flares, it’s probably because of over tightening. They make a small flare repair that works well.

@Chungas Revenge

If GA Architect recommends it, it’s probably a great, well thought out solution.

Not only that but, I’ll use his recommendation for why my life just isn’t complete without an Eastwood flaring tool.

However, on the semi-serious side, the compression fitting for hard lines utilizes an olive and a two piece AN fitting.
Now, going this route I’d be out an Eastman flaring tool but, it’s a simple, straight forward connection.

I’m not trying to sell the compression fitting per say. But, it’s reliable and unfettered, befitting most petrol fuel line applications. And I’ll add, it’s sold by someone named Earl....

A1FE9DED-88FE-4FFF-80AA-24C900671407.jpeg

I’m not trying to sell the compression fitting per say. But, it’s reliable and unfettered, befitting most petrol fuel line applications. And I’ll add, it’s sold by someone named Earl....

View attachment 2928556
This… I’ve used these on several LS swaps on various vehicles, on fuel and trans-cooler lines, and never had an issue.

I have the flaring tool, but sometimes it’s not worth removing the entire hard line on a vehicle to just flare the end, when the compression fitting works just as well.

I went all flex lines with AN fittings on my last project. I know, sacrilege. It was so easy. No leaks, no bending, no flare tool - and Earls sells everything you need. And you can carry a spare that will work anywhere on your rig.

I went all flex lines with AN fittings on my last project. I know, sacrilege. It was so easy. No leaks, no bending, no flare tool - and Earls sells everything you need. And you can carry a spare that will work anywhere on your rig.
The sniper install that i’m doing right now is getting all flex lines. It saves on time and cost.

This… I’ve used these on several LS swaps on various vehicles, on fuel and trans-cooler lines, and never had an issue.

I have the flaring tool, but sometimes it’s not worth removing the entire hard line on a vehicle to just flare the end, when the compression fitting works just as well.

IMHO the compression fitting works. In a manner of speaking “She flies with her own wings” ;)

As I worm my way towards Cibola with the Sniper install, I can see where a fella could gain a great deal of satisfaction using both of these fittings and be justified in doing so.

No “sacrilege“ taken. As far as I can tell that may be the most field expedient method. Are you using nylon braided or SS braided? PTFE or rubber lined?

The sniper install that i’m doing right now is getting all flex lines. It saves on time and cost.

Then again, there’s that Eastwood flaring tool I’m certain the Mrs would want me to have but really doesn’t need to know I have. What? It could be worse, I could be buying golf clubs or some other useless apparatus or utensil..

Whatever Earl’s Vaporguard is.
Rog, it has the thermoplastic inner liner for fumes, fuel additives (ethanol) etc. The more I’m reading the more I’m
Inclined to go this direction for the same reason(s) you’ve mentioned.

Sent you a PM from the classifieds earlier: 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom