AMSOIL replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Been using AMSOIL on my 12ht for a long time. Now I am on travel currently in Portugal, I am having difficulty getting AMSOIL. I am thinking of replacing AMSOIL with the mobil 1 turbo diesel oil for heavy duty trucks. I looked for Mobil 1 recommendation but nothing comes up for the 12th. What do you recommend I use. Thank you 🙏
F9E07D03-C400-4F54-81D4-A3F5298E662F.jpeg

Bump for your question .. that's the oil I've been using for years ..

I've been looking at redline

and royal purple ..

being redline the winner so far ..

What oil change intervals are you using?

A 12ht doesn't require anything special for oil. Any 15w40 from a reputable brand will do.

I would only suggest synthetics if you are putting it under extreme stress and running long oil change intervals.

and royal purple ..

Thank but those oil are hard to get when you are traveling, that is my current problem with the AMSOIL. It is not available on any part store over the counter here in Portugal.🙏

What oil change intervals are you using?

A 12ht doesn't require anything special for oil. Any 15w40 from a reputable brand will do.

I would only suggest synthetics if you are putting it under extreme stress and running long oil change intervals.

I change oil at 5000 miles. I think I will use Mobil 1 it is available over the counter in Portugal 🙏

I change oil at 5000 miles. I think I will use Mobil 1 it is available over the counter in Portugal 🙏

Mobil 1 is just wasted of money at that oil change interval.

Just use any reputable 15w40.

and royal purple ..

Would these all work for the B engine also? I have a 1979 BJ40.

In the states at least Mobil 1 is no longer "C" rated (compression ignition.) Not saying it won't be fine...but it used to be rated for diesels and no longer is.

Mobil 1 is just wasted of money at that oil change interval.

Just use any reputable 15w40.
Thank you I know I over do it when it come to caring for my engine. Especially now that we are traveling outside if the USA. 🙏

In the states at least Mobil 1 is no longer "C" rated (compression ignition.) Not saying it won't be fine...but it used to be rated for diesels and no longer is.
I will look into that but I think I saw Mobil 1 for turbo diesel at the parts store here in Portugal. 🙏

is it rate for diesel ? Front label show «S» but, is rear label show «C» ?

1111.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom